Saturday, December 28, 2019

Well, That Sucks


Last night it seemed this storm would miss us. Not so. Plans for the day are changed.


On the upside, my new Service(d) dog was enjoying himself this morning like a trust fund skier in fresh powder. He is the dog, I’m the service. An exuberant 65 lb. Lab pulling on his leash can be daunting when you are on snowpack.



Social Skills

Two days ago the women who gather for morning “coffee” in the common area informed me they are to be called, “The Ladies of The Round Table”, and not the , “Coven”. My innocent question, “Is this the Coven’s unanimous position”, received a frosty reception.

Politics

Speaking of things that suck, our ultra (P)regressive Governor issued eight pardons to mark the holiday’s including one illegal immigrant who has spent years living in sanctuary churches.


That takes care of the state charges. Good luck with ICE!

The rest? Shrug here, as I’m not familiar with the facts, and not really interested. I do have an opinion on murders. As long as they are breathing air and taking nourishment, and their victims cannot, let them rot.

Meanwhile, the (P)regressives have not been idle.


Former Governor and wanna be Presidential candidate, John WishyWashy, keeps stepping on his peepee.



and more and more. Wonder who he managed to piss off?


Local Scandal?
Inquiring minds want to know.


Pilgrims

A common Colorado story. Often involves Californians.


Other Texans not welcome.


Impeachment

What a fucked up goat roping circus! Hope it bites the (P)regressives in the ass come the next Congressional elections.

Oh Well

For the readers who have made it this far, I apologize for the lack of anything remotely profound. The Muse has been AWOL for several days and events have only caused irritation instead of outrage.

7 comments:

RHT447 said...

"I apologize for the lack of anything remotely profound.".

S'all right. Misery loves company. I had a Muse once. Maybe twice. At least I think I did.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Seems to be a common problem.

LL said...

Thank you for the update and for news of "Ladies of the Round Table". I personally prefer coven from your description. But if they feed and pet Banner, maybe they aren't all bad.

Brig said...

Nice to know I'm not the only one struggling with a missing muse.

The coven is to be watched closely, as they are prone to conscripting lone males to do their bidding.

I could not figure out how some people seemed to know I was not a native WA. even when wearing my puffer people clothing. Then the light came on! I have a N Calif area code phone number, damn.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
I somewhat admire them as strong willed people determined to make a difference, and enjoy poking the mama bears. They intimidate many of the residents. They do seem to enjoy our verbal joustings.

Brig
I'm not saying I'm immune to feminine charms, but had years of coquetry directed my way by females negotiating car purchases. On the other hand I am not adverse to helping others merely to be kind.

Old NFO said...

Coven... smirk... If the shoe fits... And typical politics. Hicky is dirty and they don't want to let people find that out.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
WishyWashy has pissed someone off, maybe Obama or someone in EPA. What he did was piddly compared to others. He now wants to run for the Senate and that is probably why all this is coming out, IMO.