Sunday, December 29, 2019

Last One Standing UPDATE



My sister called today to let me know our last uncle passed away today. 

Chuck Wyatt, Mills, WY was nearly 95 and still productive. About ten minutes before an aneurism took him, he was reworking his walker.

 He leaves a daughter and three grandsons. His wife preceding him in death about ten years ago and a son, felled by a stroke and left disabled, died two years ago. They lost a girl as an infant.

My youngest aunt was a teen when her mother died leaving her an orphan.   Chuck and Kathleen took her in and she graduated high school while living with them.

Born and raised in Moffat County, CO, he was a WWII vet. My sister describes him as the finest human being you ever met and I certainly don’t disagree.

He was always a “blue collar” worker; a self taught jack of all trades, and was known to be utterly reliable.

An early memory of mine was his propane fueled car. He worked for a propane distributor and had a sideline converting vehicles to run on propane.

Come this May we will all gather at the old homestead during the Sombrero Horse Drive weekend to inter his cremains  in the private family cemetery.

My hope is only his cremains will be interred. My sister and I are down to two aunts, both in their 80’s.


11 comments:

LL said...

RIP - sic transit gloria mundi

Ami said...

Sounds like a good and decent human. I'm sorry for you and your family's loss.

drjim said...

Sincerest condolences, WSF. I was never close to any of my Dad's brothers, but one of my Mom's sisters married a fine old guy we all loved. He could fix anything!

Brig said...

So sorry for your loss. May your wonderful memories of him help you through this and beyond.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Thanks to all for your kind remarks.

Coffeypot said...

And time marches on until it don't. We must all face the what ever.

Old NFO said...

May he rest in peace. And prayers for the family.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Thank you.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

CP
Too true.

LSP said...

Rest in Peace.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Amen.