Monday, December 16, 2019

Facebook Humor


Swiped this from a David Dye post.


Dave is an interesting man. Now in his mid seventies, he is a successful and, probably, wealthy used truck dealer.


A tough juvenile semi literate delinquent, he joined the Marine Corps as a teenager and credits the Corps with turning his life around. Now suffering from COPD, he straps on oxygen and goes snowmobiling at 10,000’ ASL.

I’m proud he considers me a friend. We have done business over the years on a handshake or verbal commitment over the phone.   

8 comments:

drjim said...

I think I remember you mentioning him before.

Snowmobiling above 10,000 ft with O2! Sounds like quite a guy.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Dave may be the toughest old fart I know.

LL said...

Hahaha.

There are a lot of tough people out there. Most don't show it until they need it.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
Dave still looks like a Marine. Of course I call him "Jarhead" which earns me a glare.

Old NFO said...

Kudos to him! And he's nuts... It's too damn COLD to be doing that s**t for fun! :-)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
You could buy a very nice house for what he has sunk in motorhomes, trailers, and souped up snow machines plus all the clothing and gear that goes along with it. I don't begrudge him, he has earned every penny of what he has.

Brig said...

Good on Dave, and good on you to realize the value of his friendship regardless of wealth.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Brig
Car people don't have a good reputation and many have earned their unsavory reputation. People like Dave (and myself I would like to think) keep our word to each other regardless of the cost. I take a great deal of pride that Dave and others regard me as a peer and trust my word.