Friday, December 20, 2019

Thanksgiving Surprise



Skilled photographers impress me with their ability to capture moments and convey emotions.

Recently my daughter in law emailed pictures taken Thanksgiving by her friend who then introduced my late son’s photograph into the picture. Took me aback for a moment. So appropriate, that he is still watching over them from the other side.

She has two children from a previous relations ship and he had two. Together they had another son.

 Soon after they became a family her children asked me what they should call me.

“You can call me whatever you want”, was my reply.

“Can we call you Grandpa?”

“Sure can”, was my response, with a big grin. Been Grandpa every since.

Admiration for my daughter in law is off the charts. The way she has dealt with the loss of her husband, and kept on keeping on, vindicates my son’s good sense in marring her. I say this even though she refers to me as, “Grumpy Old Bastard”.

Yep, she isn’t easily fooled!

11 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good for her, and do try to stay in their lives.

Brig said...

What Old NFO said!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

To the extent of time and distance, I'll be there. In between there is email, cell phones and internet.

LL said...

You'll bless their lives.

And they will bless yours.

That's a wonderful situation.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Thank you.

drjim said...

Huh....got dusty in here.....

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Likewise when I opened that email.

LSP said...

Grandpa is good, I'm not there yet but like the idea!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Always puts a smile in my face.

Sisty said...

They are an amazing family & I couldn't be prouder of them. One does NOT cross that Mama Bear if they are smart.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Most certainly I'm not that brave!