Saturday, December 14, 2019

Red Flag Law


Coming in the New Year is the (P)regressive passed and made into law the “Red Flag Law”. IMO,  part of their ongoing effort to disarm all of us Deplorables.

I found this article in our local rag informative.


I am more comfortable with what will happen, at least in my immediate vicinity, by the well reasoned responses by the two who will be faced with enforcing it, our Chief of Police and our County Sheriff.

The nut cutting will happen when a judge’s order is not carried out.  The judges will not sit quietly if their power is challenged. While they, in theory, face the voters the reality is once they are in, they are in. Rarely has any judge been voted out in Colorado.

Since I’ve lost all my firearms in a tragic boating accident, I shouldn’t be affected. While it is true I’m bat shit crazy, I’m no threat to the physical safety of anyone.  Other’s tender feelings are a different matter.

8 comments:

drjim said...

I don't know about the FoCo Chief, but from what I've heard, the Larimer County Sheriff is a reasonable person, as least as far as a CCW goes.....

Well Seasoned Fool said...

drjim
Fairly low profile sheriff.

Ami said...

That's really sad about the boating accident. But you know, if you hadn't taken all of your firearms for a ride, it wouldn't have happened. An important lesson for the rest of us, I guess.

I really hate ignorance in all its forms. The ignorance of the 'zomggg it's a scary weapon!!!!!!!' crowd mostly just pisses me off. But there's a part of me that wonders if all of 'those' people got invited to a special place to learn all about how we're all in danger and I just wasn't important enough to get an invitation.

Ah, I was probably at the redneck club attending still another "Happy Birthday Uncle Daddy" party anyway.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Ami
The place where it happened is real deep.

LL said...

I'm sorry that your firearms all ended up at that bottom of that nearly bottomless, flooded mine. Maybe Swallwell and Beto could go swimming and look for them?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
Actually Horsetooth Reservoir above Ft Collins, and it is only 400 ' deep in the area of the accident.

drjim said...

Yes, I remember that boating accident quite well. The same runaway boat that hit and sunk yours also slammed into mine, sending all my ammo tp a permanent vacation in Stout, CO!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

drjim
Those boaters are out of control! We were there to honor my late mother who was born on a farm now covered by the reservoir.