Friday, September 20, 2019

Selfish


The people who are emotionally in favor of all kinds of gun control are motivated by selfishness, IMO. Please follow my possible feeble reasoning.

A large number of people hate guns. Perhaps they have had an experience with some nut job and had a traumatic experience. Perhaps they have never even handled a gun but are scared of them to their core. Will any amount of factual information do anything to change their minds?

Doubtful.

Here is where the selfishness comes in.

  “I am special, my family is special, and my friends are special. It is outrageous we should be made to feel uncomfortable because of your, to us archaic and unfathomable, ‘rights’. Our need to be untroubled is far more important than anything you want”.

Today I read a comment on OldAF Sarge’s blog written by Prairie Adventure that resonated with me. I urge you to read it.



Because of this selfishness and the resulting dishonesty any firearm laws will be subverted and perverted by the gun grabbers while patting themselves on the back for their ‘superior’ wisdom.

Red Flag Laws are the current example. I know, and I’m sure readers know, people who are so careless and bat shit crazy they are a danger to themselves and others. The gun grabbers see this as an opportunity, not to enhance public safety, but to disarm everyone (but their selected few bodyguards).

This is a battle that will never end. We must be committed to fighting it forever.

 As always, YMMV


A personal quibble. I don’t use the word, “gun” unless referring to a smoothbore. Firearms, pistol, rifle, whatever, but not “gun”.  Eight weeks at Ft Leonard Wood, circa 1963, reinforced that mindset.

ADDENDUM
I'm always willing to recognize I may be wrong. Herre is another view.

http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/ragingagainstselfdefense.htm

10 comments:

LL said...

I can't speak for the next generation, currently undergoing brainwashing to join "The Long March". But I doubt that this one will surrender their firearms. My grandchildren will inherit the means to defend themselves. Whether they do that or whether they turn them in is up to them.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
Most likely your influence will prevail.

Old NFO said...

Yep, their ‘desires’ mean more than ‘my’ rights, cause I’m a dinosaur and a peon... Sigh... Little do they know...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
Yep.

Jim said...

Gun can also apply to an artillery piece. I learned that at Ft. Leonard Wood in '68. Luckily I never was required to recite that little poem, This Is my Rifle, This Is My Gun.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Jim
Cpl Arnold made everyone recite it while doing pushups. The closest I ever got to artillery was building bridges for them to cross.

LSP said...

Ah yes, "guns." That'd be artillery pieces. Then there's surrender your firearms to Beto. Don't think that's going to happen.

RHT447 said...

"Individually, we do not bear arms because we are afraid. We bear arms
as a declaration of capacity. An armed man can cope - either in the city
or in the wilderness - and because he is armed, he is not afraid.

The hoplophobe fears and, yes, hates us, because we are not afraid. We
are overwhelmingly "other" than he, and in a way that emphasizes his
afflictions."

Jeff Cooper

Well Seasoned Fool said...

RHT447
Lot of wisdom in two paragraphs.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
the capacity for the majority of 'citizens' in this country to be duped cannot be discounted.