Monday, September 2, 2019

A Monday Drive


Labor Day, a holiday, and I am working. Why? I’m reminded of a saving from my car selling days.

      Winners do what losers won’t
          Jackie B. Cooper

Climate Change
9/2/2019 and I can’t remember seeing the short grass prairie this green this late in the year.


Veteran

One wonders what stories involved this old veteran.


Roadside Temptation




Jowl Shaker

I drive through this intersection several times a week. Speed limit is 55 mph on the four lanes segment and 65 mph on the two lanes segment (WCR 49 and CO 392. Nearly every week there is a semi truck and car or pickup accident. It doesn’t seem like a dangerous intersection.



Lifetime Values

Sisty was explaining to a young cousin (third, fourth removed, but we don’t count or care) that she and I were raised without two words, can’t and quit.

I see people my age and younger that are defeated; they are just marking time (and feeling sorry for themselves). Damnit, people, you are going to live until you die! Gather up some guts, and fight.

Yeah, yeah, WSF understands depression. A colorless, emotion free cocoon where you don’t feel anything, not joy, not pain, that can be alluring. I’ve felt it, and I have rejected it. Please don’t try to convince me it isn’t a choice.

For me, I’ll die on my feet before I live on my knees.

As always, YMMV.

13 comments:

drjim said...

"Coffee Is For Closers", as I heard in a movie.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

drjim
More like whiskey when you have a green pea crew.

Old NFO said...

Amen to the last! Standing up facing my fate is the way I want to go out!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
Making it count!

Brig said...

That last line for darn sure.

LL said...

I think that you need more of a Mad Max vehicle to drive those oil guys around in. It would be fun, and the state troopers would fear you...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Bri
Indeed.

LL
I'll forward the idea to management.

Fredd said...

Drjim: 'always take the steak knives.' (paraphrased from same movie, 'Glen Garry Glen Ross').

Fool: pass on that mediocre mid-80's Mustang. A real POS, if truth be told. No guts, prone to lots of rust, which on a uni-body car is the kiss of death. That, and it's got no style unlike it's predecessors ending in the early 1970's.

You'd be better off buying that 1940's tanker truck, now THAT has style.



Well Seasoned Fool said...

Fredd
A Fox body with a V-8 is always fun. Not a car for a daily driver.

No guts? Easily fixed with aftermarket dodads.

Fredd said...

Yes, fun. And the aftermarket doodads can add power, sure. But there is NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH that you can give that 85 Mustang more style. Can't be done. Just put it in the crusher, it's an eyesore and has been since it drove off the show room floor.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

As an old car peddler, nothing enhances the appearance of a car more than a large gross profit.

LSP said...

I'm with Fredd on the Mustang and think you should buy the tanker, it'll be useful at Burning Man. And yes, DON'T GIVE UP. That was my advice to the kid when he went off to Benning, of course it's easier to follow when you're 19, but still.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
That "Stang" front end theme appeared on several Ford products, sales of which put groceries on our table. Ergo, it evokes a certain warm nostalgic feeling when I see it.