Sunday, September 8, 2019

Warehouse Needed


My sister, Sisty, and I occasionally indulge our fantasies if we won the lotto and agree we would need a warehouse for our vehicles.

Some commentators have questioned my tastes in vehicles. What follows are images taken from various sites which probably means I've violated copyrights. If it is yours, wait to sue me until I win the lotto. 

In no particular order, here we go.


Had a government surplus long bed stepside, slant six, four speed. Loved that truck!

Our father had a 58' two door hard top cop car version in red and white. Car would do 135 mph+. I would have this one for the sheer wretched excess.


Just because - kick ass Merc.

Got a ride in one as a teen. 180 mph speedometer. 289  V-8 with a supercharger. Saw the speedometer in triple digits.

66' Toronado. May have been the first GM car our father owned. He kept it for years. Winter it had studded snow tires on all four corners.

Had one just like this before going into the Army. A babe magnet! Got about 2,500 miles between head gaskets. Lucas was an upgrade over Italian electrics.

Dumped a Renault 16 in trade on a 73'. Served our family well. Did require buying a six pack of voltage regulators but they were firewall mounted, three screws, and one electric plug.

Sisty's first car. The high school boys had fun putting it on top of snowbanks.

Never owned one but always wanted one, even with Lucas problems.

58' was always my favorite Bird. 
As a kid, thought this was the absolute apex pickup.

Other cars/trucks could make the list. Not suitable for the warehouse, but a definite addition to the purchase list is this.
Just pure fun!

As always, YMMV.

12 comments:

LL said...

You'd definitely need a warehouse. WSF's Garage...maybe not as large as Jay Leno's, but I guess that it depends on the size of the lotto win.

I have lived my life without buying a lotto ticket. Not one. Not even a scratcher. It means that you don't have to compete with me for the big win.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
You understand it is a tax on people who are bad at math. I qualify.

Old NFO said...

Nice set of 'toys' there. I'd add an old Vette to that list. :-)

Coffeypot said...

I would have to have a '57 chevy hardtop and a '64 mustang convertible. Most any '55 or older pickup of any make.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
Sorry, never a Vette fan.

Coffeypot
Pass on the Chevy. +1 on the Stang.

LL said...

We had an air coupe when I was a kid. It was the first airplane that I flew, and my I say that it was a very easy airplane to fly. Most forgiving.

drjim said...

Some nice picks there, WSF.

If we both we the lottery we can build a warehouse somewhere between us!

I'd have to add a '67 Corvette Coupe and a new 2020 Corvette to my '70 Trans Am and '69 Ram Air IV GTO, along with a '67 Mustang fastback.

Can I borrow the Tornado when you're not using it?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
Flew several when I ferried airplanes for Dick Nolan Aviation. Drive off, drive on.

drjim
Borrow the Toronado? No problem.

Fredd said...

Always lusted after a 69 Olds 442 convertible. Sharp car, and a nice one now will set you back about $100,000, giver or take $25K or so.

GTO convertibles of that era are nice, too. Same price range. Both had 455 V8s, (and both were GM, no parts were interchangeable on these same size engines).

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Fredd
A neighbor had one but it was his wife I lusted after.

drjim said...

GTO's, 442's, and Chevelles didn't get a 455 until 1970.

Fredd said...

Drjim: Both the 1968 and 1969 Olds 442's had optional 455 V8's available, and many were ordered with the 455. Lots and lots of 'em.

The 455 engine package became STANDARD to 442's starting with the 1970 model.

I am not sure about the GTO, but I would guess that the Pontiac 455 was available on them, too prior to 1970. I could be wrong here, though. But the above Olds 455 info is rock solid.