Monday, September 2, 2019

Odds Are.......

Living in a 62+ senior housing apartment the sight of an ambulance in the porte couche is a too familiar sight.

Yesterday one of the residents I'm friends with went to the hospital with a heart attack. A feisty lady with a fat, elderly dog, she is estranged from her ex-Seal husband, and a leader of the ad hoc community that has developed in our building.

This, just after attending a memorial service, reminds me to check that my affairs are in order. It has been a year since I reviewed them.

Getting old isn't for the faint of heart, IMO.

6 comments:

LL said...

You'll out live me, WSF. Of course, that doesn't mean much because I'm a wreck compared to my youth.

I think that I'd find that sort of 62+ living to be depressing...yeah. Lots of ambulances. Lots of rooms now available for rent.

LSP said...

Of course some people never leave the action, regardless of where they live. My dad's (RIP) grandmother lived in a 62+ and drank straight up martinis and smoked like a trooper till she died in her late 80s. Happy and gregarious to the end.

Wish I was made of such stern stuff!

All best for Labor Day.

drjim said...

That's one of the reasons I'm dumping a lot of my "surplus" equipment. I'm never going to do anything with it, so might as well save my little wife the strain of getting rid of it after I'm gone.....

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
Not my first choice for a domicile, but fits the need. Outlive you? Doubtful.

LSP
Have two aunts that fit that category. Inspiring, they are.

drjim
Good on you. Having shared two estates with my sister, we both know the burdens.

Old NFO said...

NO it's not. Prayers she recovers.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
Has heart surgery tomorrow. Prognoses is not good. Prayers appreciated.