Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Kung Flu Responses


The way individuals respond to this Wuhan Virus says a lot about them as people,

A man I’m proud to call a friend is a very successful used truck dealer. I’ve known him for years and he may be the most ethical man I personally know in the business.

He is being shut down for the time being, and posted this on his Facebook page.

We were serve a warning that our Business DYEAUTOS will be closing starting tomorrow, be cause of this terrible virus we are happy to comply to protect our employees and ourselves !! So Today on any vehicle purchased today ! I will send you a Personal Check for $500. On any vehicle in our inventory ! No strings no conditions ! The deal must be completed cash or Finance! You-make your best deal at my Dealership !! This check will be a personal check to help you threw this pandemic ! Stay safe !! DyeAutos in Wheatridge Colo 80023 phone 303-286-1665 please share ! 

You may notice he isn’t the most accomplished writer. In fact, he was a Denver juvenile delinquent high school dropout when he joined the Marine Corps.  He credits the Corps for correcting his ways, and giving him the personal tools to be successful.

When he says it will be a personal check he means it. The funds won’t be coming out of the dealership nor will he scheme to make it a tax deduction.

In a business deal, I would rather have Dave’s handshake than any lawyer blessed notarized contract.

10 comments:

drjim said...

Bravo for Mr. Dye!

Old NFO said...

Good for him! Giving back in time of need IS the right thing...

LL said...

It's good to see people like that stepping up. Truth be told, there are a lot of wonderful people who are silent heroes.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

DrJim
He leads by example.

OldNFO
A man I admire.

LL
He is a hard nosed businessman but a member of the community first.

LSP said...

I second LL.

Respect.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
Thank you.

Coffeypot said...

I wish there were more like him in the business world.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

CP
In my 30 years or so in the car biz I found many people of integrity. By that, not selling defective vehicles, not failing to deliver titles, etc. Lazy ass dumb fools were, and remain, fair game.

During the same time, I knew many unethical criminally inclined liars. Sadly, they make up a substantial part of the industry. My solution was to not do business with them. If one should happen to end up on my crew, they were gone asap.

I'm not well liked in the biz, even now retired, but like to believe I'm respected, even feared. My operational mindset is, "Fuck with me, and I will fuck you up".

Brig said...

There are more quiet good people out there than are ever given credit. I've found that true in the ranching community, for sure. Their values, honor, and commitment to family and community run deep. God bless them!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Brig
Ranch people are special. I regret I wasn't able to make a living doing it.