Thursday, March 19, 2020

First Day Of Spring


First day of spring and the forecasted blizzard has arrived just one hour later than the weather guessers’ forecasted. Yesterday was sunny with 68°.

One good thing about being “retired” is I’m not out driving in this shit to make a living. I did that for too many miles and too many years.

Now I tell my clients, politely, they don’t pay enough for me to risk life, limb, and my personal vehicle driving in bad weather. They grumble, but live with my position (for now).

In a few days it will look like this again.

We will probably have one or more storms before mid April. These wet spring storms are good for ground water and the aquifer.

6 comments:

LL said...

The blizzard is still blowing here in the Arizona Highlands. It's not all that bad. Maybe the last measurable snow this season?

drjim said...

I think we'll get two more snowfalls before Spring really arrives here.

We came out one year in early May, and there'd been a heavy, wet snowfall the day before we arrived. Tree limbs and trees were down all over, and we saw National Guard trucks and soldiers out helping with the clean-up.

Our first Spring here my wife planted all kinds of flowers about mid April, and we got clobbered good a week later. Our DIL's Mom told her to NEVER plant anything before Mother's Day, but Sweet Little Wife, Kalifornia girl that she is, went ahead and planted anyway.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
This storm system originated off SCal. May be another soon.

DrJim
I've been in falling snow every month of the year in this crazy weather state.

LSP said...

Brrrr!

Just rain and lightning here, which is apocalyptic. I like that, btw.

Old NFO said...

It's supposed to get here tomorrow, hopefully WITHOUT the snow...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
Your line of business?

Old NFO
Your part of the world always needs moisture. Of course, snow and Texans?????