Sunday, January 21, 2018

Loathing


“It’s the economy, stupid”, former President Clinton’s advisor, James Carville  is credited with saying in formulating campaign strategy.

Jobs!  People need a job. Other than health, nothing is more important to most people. Not welfare, not a handout, but a bill paying, grocery buying job income.

 In one year President Trump has delivered on his promise. The economy is growing. Unemployment is dropping. True, the deficit is still growing. The growth has slowed and there is hope of paying it down in a growing economy.

The (P)regressive response? National blackmail. Dreamers and illegal immigrants are their “moral” high ground. Bullshit! They see this as a way to harm a sitting president they loath.

I see where Senator Eunuch (D) CO is saying one thing in Colorado while voting as Chucky Schumer tells him to vote. Big surprise, not.

While they posture, lives are at risk. One example near to me is Community Health Services. Please let me emphasize COMMUNITY. These exist because people from the community make them work. Funding is always an issue, to be sure, but the people who make them work are committed volunteers and health care professionals whose service is above self. They are in imminent danger of closing. The people served are the ones the (P)regressivs allegedly care for. Actions, not rhetoric, show their contempt.

Why, WSF, pick this example? On a selfish level, that is where I go for health care. Without it, I would be hard pressed to receive anything besides emergency care even though I have health insurance. 

To expand, I know the people who make it happen. My sister has devoted thirty years of her life, as a volunteer, to one. She receives, and has received over the years, zero financial reward. People like my sister are the true strength of this country and the fucking elites who muck about while people face death or financial ruin make me so furious I want…………….

There are thousands of other examples. Service organizations, fraternal organizations, religious organizations, etc., all contributing to a better life for their communities.

I should add I’m not applauding President Trump. He should have found a better way, the Art of The Deal if you will, to have averted this crisis.

Down the road, at the mid term elections, I hope accountability will prevail at the ballot box.

  

8 comments:

Ami said...

"I hope accountability will prevail at the ballot box."

The problem is that the pendulum swings wildly. Group D gets pissed as hell and Group R loses big time. Then, it goes the other way.

Simplistic, but voting for party (they may be assholes but BY GOD THEY'RE OUR ASSHOLES, GO TEAM!!!!!) is a large part of the problem.

Advancing the party is the number one item on every one of those self-serving useless twats' agenda.
And I'll refrain from the F word.

Not one of them gives a shit for any of us.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

You seem to have strong opinions. Good job!

Ami said...

You seem surprised.
I am surprised by your surprise.
Ha.

Old NFO said...

Agree with all! Dammit...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Sad state of affairs.

Momma Fargo said...

Here! Here! I agree. Good news...they reached an agreement. Shutdown is over.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Tsk, tsk grad student. Hear! Hear!
Thank you for commenting.

Momma Fargo said...

Tsk. tsk. LOL. I also am enjoying making 37% on my very small contributions to my IRA through my job. It is good for my retirement fund!