Sunday, January 14, 2018

"GUN" Show

Attended the local firearms show today. Since shotguns were in abundance, calling it a gun show is OK.

Didn’t go looking for anything in particular and didn’t buy anything but a double cheeseburger. A 4H club was operating the concession. Let’s give a shout out to all the adults that work with the kids and support these activities. They do make a difference in kid’s lives. A double cheeseburger isn’t on my food plan. Supporting good kid activities is high on my life plan.

I mainly attend these shows to support the cause. My only temptation today was a new Ruger 10/22 stainless takedown.  I’m not a collector but more of a tool user.  A .22 rifle has been missing from the tool chest for some time.  An old octagon barrel .22 Winchester pump caught my eye. Again, tools. Having owned and used several tubular feed rifles in various calibers, I’m more inclined to buy something with a magazine. I find them a bit more reliable.

There were zero Charter Arms for sale. One in .22 interests me. No Bond Derringers. Had one, gave it to a friend, and have wanted one every since.

This is the first sale I haven’t seen any NAA derringers displayed. Likewise, no Makarovs. There was one vendor with a rack of Arisakas.  Only saw three Mosins.

Did see a couple with new twins. I’m not good at guessing baby ages. These could hold up their heads but were small. The logistics were staggering. An oversized stroller, various small duffels, vacuum bottles, mixing bottles, tiny feeding bottle, diapers, blankets, towels etc. Made me tired just watching.


Back to work tomorrow. The weather guessers are saying we will hit the backside of an Alberta Clipper. Shouldn’t be much to it around the NE,WY,CO corner.

10 comments:

LL said...

Gun shows are usually grossly overpriced.

Check out the High Standard .22 magnum derringers on Gunbroker.com.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Agree on the prices. I'll check out Gunbroker.com

drjim said...

That must have been the show I saw all the outdoor advertising for. The regional shows and outdoor sporting shows on cable here keep driving home the point "We're Not In Kansas Anymore"......

Well Seasoned Fool said...

This was a small show that alternates between the Outlets at !-25 and Hwy 34 and the fairgrounds in Greeley. The big show is the Tanner Gun Show. They are holding one Feb 10-11 at The Ranch aka Budweiser Events Center.

drjim said...

I'm going to The Ranch on the 20th to attend the first "Hamfest" of the year. A Hamfest is a swap meet dealing with mostly radio stuff.

Old NFO said...

At least you got a chance to look! Drive safe! :-)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Not too crowded so was able to browse. Tons of semi, not much in the way of wheels.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

It is a nice venue. Getting there can be irritating. Watch out for Windsor P.D.

Momma Fargo said...

Ohhh...shiny things!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Lots and lots of black. Shiny? Henry lever actions. Drool!