Friday, November 29, 2019

Wuss Dog?


Wuss dog? Nasty out tonight, snowing and cold as we went for his “constitutional”. He knows where all the doors are and tonight wanted to go to them.

Sorry, no pictures. Me or the camera, I’m not sure but all were blurred.

Check out DR JIM’s blog for more on our storms. He is about 20 miles from me but Front Range weather varies mile to mile.


The East/West Interstate corridors have seen tough conditions. I-80 in Wyoming has been closed off and on. I-70 was closed from Kansas to near Denver and the mountain passes by rock slides and avalanches. So glad I’m no longer a road warrior.

The storm tonight is supposed to clear by late Sunday with Monday forecasted to be clear. Hope so, a client has given me an assignment in NE Colorado they want done “immediately”. I told them I’m not driving in High Plains blizzards, period. Turns out the “immediate” was somewhat flexible. (Which means all the other agents in the area declined).

The dog is being spoiled by the female residents. Petting, treats, cooing, etc. There is a coffee klatch group in the common area every morning plotting conspiracies against the management and generally acting like middle school mean girls. The dog sees them and pulls hard on the leash to go over where they fawn on him and give him treats.

Then it is off to the lobby and the elevators where the other ladies who don’t like the mean girls gather. More attention to the dog.

My thought was the mutt would be my wingman.  Hah! I’m his wingman.

My policy is getting along with everyone and avoiding clicks.

Three days ago did the fall on ice maneuver.  Cracked a rib high in my chest under the pectoral muscle. All I can do is cowboy up. The miscellaneous bruises are already healing but I think the rib will take a couple of weeks.

Did some business today with the local Cricket cell phone store. Black Friday, and their entire computer system went down. Bet some IT people need to update their resumes.

Had a nice Thanksgiving meal with some friends. Sisty is off to Reno to see her daughter and grandkids. Her grandson, a high school senior, is a good football player. His team plays the semi-final State Championship game  tomorrow. I’ve set aside bail money for his mother and Sisty. They get a bit intense.

UPDATE: Wyoming is getting hammered.

https://kisscasper.com/nearly-300-miles-of-i-25-in-wyoming-closed-some-for-24-hours/?fbclid=IwAR3wa0JAcLgzr7oMEP4Dm8bhAzdBsZOs4gcnxTIsbEsQ5FbQelGkxPaFDEw

13 comments:

drjim said...

Cracked ribs are NO fun. Had a few back when I thought I was indestructible. Do what you can. I think the four aspirin/two shots regimen twice daily might help!

I can hardly wait to meet Banner. Sounds like you two have worked out the "Alpha" standings quite well.

Sweet Little Wife is "In Town" tonight doing her volunteering things at the Lincoln Center. I was surprised when she opened the garage door to back out that it was snowing. Looked like little tiny cotton balls pelting the ground.

At least I plowed well enough that the driveway is clear past the sidewalk to the street, and all the snow is packed down into that whacko gutter we have.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

drjim
Learned many years ago about "pack leaders". I always go out the door first and when he tries to crowd make him sit. Overall, he is a happy dog. I see all the little yappers in the building who have it in their heads they are the pack leader. None of the dogs seem happy.

Rarely do hard liquor but now do two glasses of wine in the evening and alternate between aspirin and NAISDs.

Brig said...

Banner has struck gold in your complex!
be careful and rest up, broken rib is no joke.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Brig
He soaks up the attention like a sponge.

Rib? Cowboy up, nothing else to do.

Coffeypot said...

Banner is a chick magnet. Take notes, old man. As for the snow... better you than me. I love snow on the TV or in movies. Not so much in real life.

LL said...

I'm sorry to hear about the rib. I've had that happen and it hurts more than you think it should.

Banner will drag you into those female social circles sure as God made little green apples.

Ami said...

It's supposed to snow here. 1 to 3 inches out here in East Multnomah County, according to the latest from the weather jerk. Hubby went to the store and to the liquor store. Said people are stocking up in panic.

This happens every year, and every year the residents in our area are unprepared.
It's Armageddon, and armageddon sick of it.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

CP
Problem is, the chicks dig Banner, not the mn on the end of the leash.

LL
Only one this time. Yeah, I talk t the ladies daily now.

Ami
Noticed that when I lived in the Seattle area.

Old NFO said...

Glad it wasn't worse than a cracked rib. And yeah, the dog's got you trained already...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

OldNFO
Awkward place under the left side pectoral. Coughing and sneezing hurt.

The dog and I test limits daily. He lets me think I'm winning until he smells treats the ladies keep for him.

Happy surprise is how he brightens the day for some of the residents. This is mainly a low income/subsidised rent building. I'm one of about ten residents paying full bore. Most can't afford a pet.

LSP said...

Oh yes, that "old ladies spoiling dog" scenario. I've had to ban Blue from after church coffee hour because it's gotten so bad he starts GROWLING at them if they don't feed him donuts etc. Which they do until he throws up later in the day after I'm back from the circuit.

Be careful out there.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
He is not allowed anything but dog treats. The ladies usually have some pastries at their table but I've made it clear, NO!

LSP said...

Well done, WSF!