Thursday, August 1, 2019

Jobs


This is something I posted on FB a few days ago hoping to change a few (P)regressive minds.

Reflections on the Trump presidency. Eight years ago people I care about couldn't find work. Now all are working. Is there anything more important, on a personal level, than a job?

As I travel around, I see many signs offering work. Three years ago such signs were rare. Some of those signs have been up long enough to become faded and torn.

While I can’t prove it, I doubt many (P)regressives have suffered want, reposed cars, evictions, hungry children and rejection after rejection when seeking jobs.  Many have government jobs and think they are immune from layoffs.

Remember when the Lightbringer told us, “Those manufacturing jobs will never come back”? Subliminal message was you are now government chattel, the fate of many from the War on Poverty.

If people vote their pocketbooks, President Trump will be picking up former Democrat voters, IMO.

Different subject. Why you should avoid flying into Denver International in the afternoon. That is sitting directly over the airport.


As always, YMMV.

12 comments:

Fredd said...

Election day approaches, all it will take will be some black swan type event to tank the economy, and all bets are off.

People do indeed vote their pocket book. If things are going well, The Donald's a lead pipe cinch. If things suck, President Kamala Harris will make things even suckier.

drjim said...

I see FAR more "Help Wanted" signs here than I did back in Kommiefornia. Granted, there are a lot of entry-level jobs out there, but that's part of The American Dream, isn't it? Start out at minimum wage, and OWN the place in 5 or 10 years.

But too many young people want it all, and they want it NOW. And far too many of them wouldn't even qualify as "Entry Level Workers" back in Kommiefornia. Out here it's quite different. At least the entry-level people out here can read, write, and do arithmetic!

I thank Our Lord above every day that we're OUT of that place back there.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Fredd
A collapse is the Dems best hope.

drjim
So far CU and UNC haven't screwed the education system too bad; not for lack of trying!

LL said...

Dept of Labor says that there are 6 million jobs not filled nationwide.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
Supply and demand.

Fredd said...

Doesn't say much for your philosphy if all you have going for you is the fervent wish that things are awful.

Vote for me - the other guy screwed everything up. Not that I won't screw things up even worse...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Fredd
I don't doubt that people are looking for ways to cause an economic collapse.

Old NFO said...

Yep, supply and demand, and that's gonna be a BUMPY approach into DEN... BTDT, sigh...

drjim said...

In the six or so times we flew out here, departure was rougher than arrival.

But that can depend on the time of day, and definitely the local weather!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
I try for early morning/late night. Over the years have had some 'interesting' DIA experiences.

drjim
Flights headed to SCali/Vegas depart over South Park. The terrain North and South creates a funnel.

Coffeypot said...

All I can say is I am glad I am not in the job market. Retirement suites me.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Smart I'm not.