Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Womyn Power


Hanging paper on delinquent mortgagers is a part time job I do. What I bring are possible solutions. After me in a few weeks come the ones serving foreclosure papers.

A recent call had two female names on the paper in a location close to our Teachers College; excuse me, University of Northern Colorado. The residents turned out to be two “womyn” in their fifties wearing permanent grievance expressions. I believe they are ivory tower inhabitants.

They disapproved immediately of the presence of a 6’ 300 lb male with no effeminate manners knocking on their door. After introducing myself, identifying as a collection agent, and handing them the bad news letter, I started to leave. They both started complaining and working themselves into a snowflake snit when I said, in my best command voice, “Stop”! They did, shocked and angry expressions showing, and then I added, “If you don’t want collectors at your door, pay your bills”.  Giving them my least insincere smile, added, “Have a nice evening”, turned and walked away.

The chorus of sputtering and outrage that followed me would have warmed my heart, if I had one (h/t Fredd).

Cruel world, it is, and if you borrow money with the promise to pay it back, no “special privilege” exists, IMO.

Doing this work, I am polite, courteous, and impersonal. It is their problem, and they own it.

A boss I had was fond of saying, “That is not my monkey, and you are not giving it to me”.

That said, if they want to be assholes, they are amateurs going up against a professional.

2 comments:

Fredd said...

Fool, we all should appreciate a six-foot 300 pound black hearted meany coming into our selfish lives and spewing a little reality.

We should, but we don't.

But never fear - President Warren or President Sanders will wave a magic wand and all the 1.6 TRillion dollars of student debt will go up in smoke - instant solvency. Who could argue with that? Well, other than those that get stuck with the shitty end of the stick.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Fredd
I'm waiting for the Dim candidates to explain how to find the clean end of their turd.