Wednesday, November 11, 2020

I Never Thought I would Do This


 

My heartfelt apologies to all veterans, past and present, for doing this. My reasons for doing it follows.

 Had the Biden/Harris campaign won a clean and fair election, I would have accepted it. I wouldn’t have liked it, but, just as the recent Colorado election I accept without liking it, majority rules.

 The level of fraud in this election is sickening. Hell, they might have won fair and square. Of course, they haven’t won yet and I don’t think they will. It will get uglier and uglier and the end, whatever way it goes, will leave the country bitter and divided.

 Worse, to me, is the way Democrats just shrug off the fraud; that defeating Trump is so important a little criminality is justified. That, for what is it worth, greatly diminishes them in my eyes.

 This may be the last Presidential election I have cast a vote. The average lifespan for a white male in this country is, per Google, 75.3 years and I’m a bit past that. That contributes to my bitterness.

 I clearly remember the 46 days it took for Bush to prevail over Gore. I also remember it took a war to somewhat unite the country behind Bush. For those who think I’m a fan of either Bush, go back and read some of my blog posts from that time, before and after 9/11.

 Richard Nixon’s Presidency I still remember, how the Republicans stole that one. Hubert Humphrey, for whatever reasons, decided not to fight it. Nixon went through his first four years labeled a crook and called far and wide, “Tricky Dickie”. That didn’t help the country prosper, either.

 Flying a flag upside down is a universal signal. Again, per Google.

 It should never be displayed upside down unless trying to convey a sign of distress or great danger.

 I believe the current situation qualifies. YMMV

 As to Biden calling for a time to, “heal”, fuck you, you crooked bastard. Never, on my part. 

 Swiped this meme off Facebook. 

The left wants to kiss and make up🤔
After what you put that man through for 5 long years 24/7
You can kiss my American Ass.

 Had to hit, “Like” when I saw that.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Country has been divided and bitter for a long time. Only difference now is that one side has given up on the GOP to fight back for them. They are taking the fight on themselves and there will be no turning the other cheek.

Also, a question, 70 plus million people voted for Biden, 70 plus million people voted for Trump, where does the other 150 some million people living in the US going to stand in the coming battle?

Alan Lee

Brig said...

Agree, the time to set back and let it go is past. Stand Up!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

As much as I don't agree with the Biden supporters, I loath the bystanders. I can respect those who care enough to get into the fray.

drjim said...

I've never flown the flag in "distressed mode", but I certainly understand your reasoning.

If I did that here, I suspect few would know why.

College towns.....

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Brig
I don't know how much time I have left but I'm going to kep fighting the fight.

drjim
Not one person who lives in this building questioned me. Of course, only one other flag was flying. He is an Army vet from the Cold War era.

LSP said...

I like your analysis of Biden's "peace deal." Well said. And a distress signal's certainly in order.

How many people really voted for 45 and how many for Biden? For that matter, how many really voted at all? I doubt we'll ever know.

The donks really went all-in on this one.

OUTRAGEOUS.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
I keep fighting the fight, especially on Facebook. Not with the goal of changing minds, with the goal of fighting any complacency.

Greybeard said...

Word now is the dim party will go after him for money laundering and install "Spread Eagle" in his place. Question then is, who will she nominate to be her V.P.?
Wouldn't Michelle O. be historic?
Screwed we are, if our courts don't get this crap straightened out.

Well Seasoned Fool said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Well Seasoned Fool said...

GB
I've been saying Mike Obama for months but didn't think of this scenario. Slo Joe is kicked out, Mike becomes the V.P., then something happens to Kamala. Weird?

Old NFO said...

Concur with all. Dammit...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

OldNFO
What saddens me is I want to be wrong, and I'm not.