Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Fun In The Snow


 

Early morning snowstorm, 0230 approximate, dumped 2-4” of wet and heavy snow just in time for the morning commute.

Plan of the day was taking my sister to DIA for a flight to Reno and then a two day business trip to the Nebraska Panhandle.

5 am phone call from middle son. Avoiding an accident, he went into the center ditch on Highway 85 through Commerce City, CO. No injuries, only damage a highway delineator and a loose license plate. Oh, and a hit on his credit card of $160 for the tow truck. I was in my sisters F-150 4x4 but that wasn’t going to extract the Focus.

The trip to DIA was ‘interesting” but Sisty made her flight.

Unless something else happens, the Nebraska trip will happen Friday and Saturday. We may get another storm late Thanksgiving night. While not forecasted to amount to much, neither was the one this morning.

12 comments:

drjim said...

We got a light dusting of little tiny, dry 'snowballs', and .01" of rain.

SLW is feeling a bit under the weather, and we might stay home for Thanksgiving.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

drjim
I understand the further South, the more snow fell. I'm sheltering in place Thursday. A few of us residents will have a small gathering.

drjim said...

You're definitely far enough East and South to get a different weather pattern than we get up here. You're 20+ miles East of the foothills, and from watching the weather radar the last several years, I know you have have very different weather than we have. It works both ways, too. We got socked with 20+" of snow once, and I think you had 5"~6" from the same front.

Supposed to be in the 40's and mostly sunny on Thanksgiving. Hope you have a nice gathering.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

drjim
My sister, who knows these things, told me this morning there are seven micro climates between US 34 and I-76 along Weld Parkway 47 a distance of 20+ miles. Back when I was flying General Aviation in the area, you could see the differences from the air, especially the Front Range rain shadow.

LSP said...

Glad you're all safe. Sorry about the credit card ding .

Warm here, grilling weather.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
I'm proud of the boy. He is even cheaper and tighter with a dollar than his father.

Ami said...

Glad everyone is okay. When I read the title in my feed I thought you must have fallen down again and I was all set to lecture you about watching where the hell you're going. I guess I still could, huh?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Ami
Sisty might appreciate help giving me hell although she does an outstanding job.

Old NFO said...

As long as he's okay, it's all good. And yeah, be careful out there!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

OldNFO
Been there more than once myself.

Brig said...

Glad to know that all is well with you and yours.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Brig
You also!