Thursday, June 6, 2019

Where is #MeToo Part 2

Seems I have a bit of crow to eat. My fault, jumping to conclusions without knowing more facts.

https://coloradopeakpolitics.com/2019/06/05/the-real-story-how-galindos-accusers-came-forward-hint-not-a-right-wing-conspiracy/

Stacy Suniga has earned my respect. I don't agree with her politics, but she has shown she is a person of integrity.

That bright spot was soon eclipsed by politics as usual as the old guard rallied and picked one of their own to be the new District 50 representative. Surprise, the selection committee picked the wife of the previous holder of the seat until he was elected State Treasurer. 

https://www.greeleytribune.com/news/mary-young-named-representative-of-house-district-50/

Her husband was one of six on the selection committee but graciously recused himself from voting.

This allows me to back to my cynical sarcastic ranting. Close call, what with an elected lesbian showing more character and integrity than her cis contemporaries.  

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

So another setup....

Well Seasoned Fool said...

So it appears.

drjim said...

As WSF pointed out to me earlier, the accused resigned rather than face a recall, assuring another Damnocrat would hold the seat.

LL said...

Rotten people doing rotten things...business as usual.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
Yep!

drjim
Same old, same old.