Saturday, March 23, 2019

Warrior Gone III

Service over. Honors rendered. Went flawlessly. I will be back home Wednesday and will have something up later this week.

Your support, prayers and well wishes are most appreciated.

Now all of us are embracing the suck and moving forward. Potential Veterans Administration battles ahead. We are already lining up resources.

To those for whom it matters, Travis died a devout Christian. His minister was also a close friend (and had some difficulty conducting the service). 

People he served with in Afghanistan were there. His closest friend, also a medic, gave a stirring eulogy.

As I type this the thing welling up inside is a shout.
FUCK!!!!

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

Glad it went well, and agree with the word... No parent should ever have to bury a child.

drjim said...

Good to hear he received a fitting and proper service.

And yeah, sometimes you just have to scream.....

Ami said...

There are never the right words to say, but I wanted you to know that I've been thinking of you. I'm so sorry for your loss. It says a lot about your son that he was so loved and respected.

Coffeypot said...

For some reason I feel very glad he had his Christian beliefs and hope that strength and love is helping his family. I know, along with your grief, you were proud of the man he was and the friends he had that loved him so much. We can't ask for much more out of life than that. I also double the word. I feel it for you, too.

Brig said...

I can't imagine your pain...
Shout the word as much as you need to, there is no harm in that.

Just a thought: When my dad was trying to navigate through some issues with the VA. I found a local veterans advocate, and she (former Coastie) was a tremendous resource in many ways.