Saturday, December 16, 2023

Must Work Harder, Falling Behind

Cot next to the stove

Both LL and LSP are trying to secure a better cot location in the upcoming education relocation camp. Hopefully, this blog will elevate my status among Deplorables. Likely it won’t matter as there won’t be fuel for the stove.

Just shoot them

I come from a long line of subsistence poachers and have no problems with the practice. Killing for profit/thrill? Leave the carcasses out in the open to feed scavengers.
MORE

Green Energy Red Rage


How dare you question my privilege? But, we both are privileged!

MORE

Behavioral ‘Science’

Long wordy paper on how to control people and make them like it.

MORE

IMO, the nugget, in case you want to skip the whole thing, is this:

The most strongly supported claims were the importance of interventions to combat misinformation and polarization, which proved to be vital for ensuring adherence to public health guidelines

Green Energy

Lifted from a Facebook Posting. So far, the false checkers haven’t jumped the shark. Is it true? You decide.

From a STEPHENVILLE resident, George Franklin:

I should start by telling you what bonafides I have for writing this. I am a retired aerospace engineer. A literal rocket scientist if you will. I worked on MX (Peacekeeper) Space Shuttle, Hubble, Brilliant Pebbles, PACOSS, Space Station, MMU, B2, the Sultan of Brunei's half billion dollar private 747 with crystal showers, gold sinks and 100 dollar a yard coiffed silk carpets. I designed a satphone installation on prince Jeffry's 757. I did all of the design work for the structure of Mark 1V propulsion module currently flying on at least 3 spacecraft that I know of. Some of the more exciting projects I have worked on are not shareable. My personal projects include a spin fishing reel with a 4.5 inch spool which is entirely my own designed, machined and assembled. It has 2 features that are patentable. A unique true flat level wind and a unique line pickup mechanism. I am also am FAA certified glider pilot and FAI certified gold glider pilot. I fly both full scale and model sailplanes. I am Microsoft certified and ComTIA A+ certified.

Solar panels are at best about 20% efficient. They convert almost 0% of the UV light that hits them. None of the visible spectrum and only some of the IR spectrum. At the same time as they are absorbing light they are absorbing heat from the sun. This absorbed heat is radiated into the adjacent atmosphere. It should be obvious what happens next. When air is warmed it rises. Even small differences in ordinary land surfaces are capable of creating powerful forces of weather like thunderstorms and tornadoes. These weather phenomena are initiated and reinforced by land features as they are blown downwind. It is all too obvious to me what will happen with the heat generated by an entire solar farm. Solar farms will become thunderstorm and tornado incubators and magnets.

Solar panels are dark and and they emit energy to the space above them when they are not being radiated. This is known as black-body radiation. Satellites flying in space use this phenomenon to cool internal components. If they didn't do this they would fry themselves.

So solar farms not only produce more heat in summer than the original land that they were installed on, but they also produce more cooling in winter, thus exacerbating weather extremes.

So I conclude with this. There is nothing green about green energy except the dirty money flowing into corrupt pockets.

There is no such thing as green energy. The science doesn't exist. The technology doesn't exist. The engineering doesn't exist. We are being pushed to save the planet with solutions that are worse than the problems.

Animal Cruelty?


Each Christmas my neighbor puts out cookies. The location is too high for Banner plus he isn’t allowed to take anything off a table (unless my back is turned). He nearly wears out his nose as he stares at the unreachable morsels. Sorry Banner, those cookies are not good for you and fuels your fart factory.

Cell Phone Preparations

Being prone to dropping things, my cell phone is in a protective case (red in color so I can find it). Inside the case are two $20 bills and a sim card key. Removing the card and re-inserting it resets the phone. Cash, if needed to make a gasoline or other needed purchases if a credit card won’t work. Old dogs can learn new tricks.

Climate Denier

A long article about climate change and government manipulation of data. Cliff Notes: Figures don’t lie, liars figure.

MORE

Mortality

Banner and I stepped out of the elevator in time to see two Coroner employees wheeling a neighbor in a body bag to the elevator. I didn’t know the lady well and don’t know the circumstances of her passing.

I was again reminded there are many very unpleasant  jobs and we all should be grateful that others are willing to do them. Great respect here.

People I admire for the Jobs They Do



MORE

Once in awhile I can of/sort of agree with a Democrat.

Right to Repair reform edition.

MORE

Death by Small Cuts?

The complete list of the 380 laws passed by the last session of the Colorado Legislators. Granted, many are ‘housekeeping’ but not all.

MORE

Copied from another blogger. I like it.

As always, YMMV

7 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yep, they know 'better' than we do, even when real rocket scientists chime in...sigh...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Can't have mere facts get in the way of 'feelings' if you are a true believer.

Wild, wild west said...

So many lining up for the NWO and ESG and climate change and all the other various woke religions. Too many sects for me to keep them all straight. Apparently eating the bugz and being happy with owning nothing has greater appeal than I'd have expected.

I've heard it said that God would not have made they sheep if He did not want them to be sheared, but I find that theory hard to accept.

Then again, I also read the other day that Gen Z cohort have "menu anxiety" which is to say, they're so scared of making the wrong choice in restaurants that they can't place an order.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

W.W.W
History suggests humans change in a cycle and 'nothing is new under the sun'. It is our fate to be in a difficult arc in the cycle.

LSP said...

Mr. WSF, LL has seniority but I get the heated room behind the barrack.

I know, it's not fair, but whoever said life would be?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
Must I play the old age card?

LSP said...

Yessir, you may.