Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Farmers Market, Honey


We now have the seasonal opening of our local Farmers Market every Saturday.



Found some local honey there last Saturday.



I enjoy a large spoonful of honey in my coffee. I find it helps control allergies. Like some of my other health practices, many will scoff. Do you think I care?

I prefer being able to look directly into the eyes of the husband/wife team that not only gathered the honey but process it in their home. I know the location of the hives so know it is a local source.

Not cheap at $40 a quart but I’m worth it and it supports a local farmer with no middle man.


5 hours ago
That stuff DOES work if it's actually local. I do the same thing down here.

2 comments:

Ami said...

There's a great deal of science behind the local honey thing.
Easy to look up.

One of my friends has a little guy who's allergic to a lot of different things, pollens and local blooming plants. Since she started giving him a little honey on the advice of her pediatrician, he's doing a lot better with the issue.

Besides, it's yummy.

Also, the title of this post should have been, It's the Farmer's Market, Honey.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Ami
Look again.