Thursday, May 12, 2022

Salud


My sister was recently honored. This from the local rag.

https://www.greeleytribune.com/2022/05/11/weld-county-resident-awarded-for-work-in-migrant-health-at-conference-for-agricultural-worker-health/

For her, this is a passion. She has never received any money for her work other than the occasional reimbursement for expenses.

The Salud organization is now fifty years old and where I go for most of my medical and dental needs. The care is first rate.

I’m beyond proud of this remarkable woman.

9 comments:

LL said...

Congratulations for your sister - a great woman with a passion for improving the lives of others.

"In as much as ye have done it unto the least of these, ye have done it unto me."

drjim said...

Congrats to Sisty! I know it's hard work, but I'm sure she also finds it rewarding.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
She has done, and keeps on doing in so many different ways.

DrJim
It is her mission in life.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for Colleen Laeger!
Outstanding accomplishments indeed. Good on you for linking. She’s making a difference and truly an inspiration that the world will go on.

I quit the Tribune years back when it became to much of a POS. Occasionally they do write something worthwhile…

Franknbean

Well Seasoned Fool said...

The Trib would like to be the Denver Post lite. Other than the teachers College, they would lose what audience they have.

Ami said...

My favorite kind of person... someone who chooses to help/be kind/care without regards for personal gain or recognition.

I know I'd like your sister. She's good people.

LSP said...

WELL DONE.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Ami
My sister has a big heart. She also has a titanium fist under her velvet glove and doesn't suffer fools. In fifty years Salud has grown from a rented house in a small town into several locations and a large staff. For 32 years, Sisty has been a part of that.

LSP
Yes!

Sisty said...

Thanks everyone for the gracious comments. I do what I can, when I can, for those who may not necessarily be able.