Wednesday, May 4, 2022

One Day at a Time


After six weeks of high winds and no moisture, we have rain. This morning the rain lifted and Banner and I took a two mile walk. The air was clean, green showing up everywhere, and the blackbirds were singing their hearts out in the cattails. We savored the moment.

Upon preparing to attend the family gathering in Maybell, CO in conjunction with the Great American Horse Drive, aka Sombrero Horse Drive, I took into account the weather might be 75° or a snowstorm. Such is Northwest Colorado weather.

Live long enough in Colorado and you will see snow every month of the year.

6 comments:

drjim said...

Yes, glorious rain at last! A nice, several day soaking. Much better than the gully-washers we sometimes get. Hah...."WE"....I'm starting to sound like a local.

And I love it.....

Well Seasoned Fool said...

DrJim
Knocking down the fire danger pleases me.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO commented on "One Day at a Time"
2 hours ago
Including on the 4th of July!!! Saw that once...

Something happened - didn't post.

drjim said...

Been drizzling here on-and-off most of the day. The rain gauge indicates .7" for this storm, and there's more coming in.

Doug Mann said...

I grew up in Alberta, and yes, I have seen snow every month of the year.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Doug
I believe you.