Saturday, February 1, 2020

Poor People Have Poor Ways II


Spent the morning at the auto salvage yard taking trim pieces off the underside of three 1994 Mercury Sable steering columns, the closest I could find to my 1995  Taurus, to get the part I need. None were a correct match.

Blast and damn. Looks like I’m forced online and paying retail! I can only imagine relatives, past and present, laughing their asses off.

When the weather calls for wipers I still have the Mitsubishi Mighty Max. The cab gets cramped with a 270 lb. man and a 65 lb. Lab mutt sharing the space. The dog doesn’t seem interested in learning how to shift.

Speaking of the dog, today we were at the dog park. He was out running with some 20 other dogs until he was exhausted. While he was doing that, I had a nice conversation with an attractive lady. Alas, only conversation.

My cheapskate credentials are threatened by what I paid for 25 lbs of dog food. The rational is good food now prevents big vet bills in the future. The easiest sale for a good salesman is another salesman, just saying. The Tank got high grossed.

Just swiped this off FB.


9 comments:

Beans said...

Good food needs less quantity for the same nutritional needs.

You may actually find you're saving money with the good stuff.

Go by the little guide on the bag for your dog's size, and cut back a tad if your dog is a tad pudgy.

drjim said...

We get Blue Buffalo from Chewy.com delivered right to the house.

Even though the stuff from Costco meets their needs, we buy the "better" food based on what several different Vets have told us.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

drjim
Still new to dog ownership.

Beans
Took him to a vet a few days after I got him. The vet was adamant feed him 1 1/2 cups twice a day. Even gave me a measuring cup. Now I'v had him three months he hasn't gained any noticeable weight but his black coat is glossy where it was dull when I got him.

LSP said...

I give my Blue 1 scoop/mug a day of his delicious nuggets. But he also gets treats, Alpo Variety Snaps lately, or milk bones. He loves these and isn't overweight, mind you, he'll snatch the steak right off the kitchen counter. Or the fried pie, ask LL.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Banner doesn't even try to take something off the table or counter but he will sniff the dickens. He gets his morning treats from one of the women in the Coven and he has snagged their pastry when left too close to the edge of the table.

Excuse me, not the Coven, but The Ladies of the Round Table.

One of my nicknames is Mr. Maytag - always agitating.

LL said...

The Coven, the cabal, or whatever they call themselves today are trying to win over Banner so that they can win over you. Divide and conquer.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

There is one I wouldn't fight off!

Old NFO said...

Dogs are a pay now or pay MORE later proposition... Buy the good food now!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I'm not always a penny pincher.