Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Don't Miss It


Snow rake.

DrJim at http://every-blade-of-grass.blogspot.com/ bought one on my recommendation. The one I use is ten years old.

The car biz in snow country brings additional challenges with attracting customers. You want them to know you are open for business so you clear, at a minimum, snow from the windshields. I worked at lots with 100+ vehicles in inventory. We, the salespeople, did the work.


One memory is working with Charles Sampson, a Professional Cowboy Hall of Fame bull rider. Our lot also sold trailers and we would put vehicles on the trailers. One morning Charles (he would answer to Charlie but preferred Charles) and I were on a trailer cleaning a vehicle. Charles fell off. Shortly after laughing at him I stepped on a metal part of the otherwise wooden deck and face planted.


Thereafter, I would say, “Yah, Charles and I both got bucked off at the same event, but I had a tougher draw”. He would mutter something about fat rednecks.

My advice if you live in snow country, get a snow rake. It will be the best $40 you will spend.  

7 comments:

Old NFO said...

They DO work! :-)

LL said...

Is there a place where you all are buying the snow rakes?

I've been using a soft push broom (no hard bristles in the middle) but I'm sure that it's inferior.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
https://www.sidsavage.com/product/snow-rake/snow-removal-tools?gclid=CjwKCAiAyeTxBRBvEiwAuM8dnT8n8_2HTNkjnNx5WBj5wQ11EbOlYKiHaqT4ZvqzZYas1cGSYSEQbxoCiq0QAvD_BwE
Other places but I don't have a link.

Old NFO
That they do!

Sisty said...

WSF, Charles could still out ride you on any critter or trailer. He was World Champion Bull Rider after all. And I still wonder about him calling you a friend. I thought that he had better taste than that. But then, he adored me so his taste can't be all that suspect.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Sisty
He may have "adored" you, but I'm the one who taught him how to sell cars/trucks. He did say I was the biggest redneck he knew.

He was also one of the best team ropers you would ever see. Had the saddles to prove it.

drjim said...

I'd vaguely remembered using something like that when I helped my buddies at their car lots decades ago, but never thought to look for one out here. Then WSF recommended it, I bought it, and I'm impressed.

Nice long handle, and I can get my whole Jeep, glass and hood, cleared in about 10 minutes.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Happy to be of assistance.