Thursday, August 9, 2018

Impatient


An entirely personal blog posting. You have been forewarned.

“You are not impatient”, says my sister. “To be impatient, you need to have some patience to begin with”.

She is spot on.

Today I started watching an “infomercial” about a subject that interested me. On and on it went, droning over and over the same points. No way to skip to a “bottom line”. Clicked it off midway.

Sure, I remember all the advice that to reach an audience you need to tell them the same thing five ways as different people learn different ways. Guess that might work with a captive audience, that is, those still awake.

A question I sometimes ask myself is, “Have you missed golden opportunities because you are too impatient to hear the whole story?” Probably.

“Are you ahead of the game because you didn’t waste time with damn fools that can’t get to the point?” My ego wants a positive “YES” to that question.

One would surmise, after seven decades of breathing air and taking nourishment, I should have learned to be more patient. Hasn’t happened. If it does, I will need to change my blog title.

No comments: