Monday, August 20, 2018

Back From The Gunsmith


The Savage Model 60 .22 acquired in a barter is back from the gunsmith with a new sight. He fitted a base in a manner the sight can be attached or detached keeping the iron sight.  My cost?  $100. Probably equal to the original cost of the rifle.

I’m not terribly concerned. The accuracy and durability of Savage products are what is important to me. Yes, the finish is already showing signs of wear. Not an issue for me.

Macular degeneration affects my right eye. Not all, but enough to make sight pictures a challenge. Over time I have become left eye dominant. So why not learn to shoot left handed? Answer: Have a pacemaker. Not recoil friendly. I’ve found a sight like this one, with the dot only, works fairly well for me.


Next step is going to the range and sighting it in.


Some time back had a ghost ring/peep sight added to my revolver. While I’ve never been more than adequate with a handgun, with this sight I can still put five out of five in a paper  plate at 20’. Not great, but good enough.

Overall I’m pleased with the way this turned out.

No comments: