Saturday, October 17, 2015

A Woman President In My Lifetime

Had coffee today with a high school classmate who was a feminist even in high school. While I don’t agree with her on scores of issues, I respect her guts and commitment to what she believes. She has lived for decades with death threats.

I’m not breaking any new ground here when I report she said, “As a feminist I want to see a woman President in my lifetime”.

I started detailing the corruption of Shillary and Bubba; the Clinton Global Initiative and the Clinton Foundation, etc. She wasn’t having any of it.
Then I mentioned Carly  Fiorina. “No, no no, but she is better than Sarah Palin.” Of course, me being me, I had to point out how “hot” Sarah Palin is. Pushed that feminist button hard, then just grinned at her. Good thing we are friends.

Then we started talking about our adult children and some of the people in our mutual past.

Back to politics, I pointed out 49% of the population are men and Shillery is doing a good job of pissing men off. My friend didn’t see that as a problem. “Lots of men will vote for her”. She assumes all women will vote for her.

It saddens me to see an intelligent person like her so committed to an ideology that no distractions are allowed. It scares the hell out of me. I never expected the Lightbringer to get a second term but he did.  What if she is right and Shillery is elected?

Perhaps we should be concerned about who becomes her running mate. Lots of speculation about her health.


As to the GOP, I expect they will once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by riding the Planned Parenthood mule into the ground. If they were halfway smart they would be talking about reforming Planned Parenthood, not destroying it. YMMV.

6 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Sarah is hot and I don't think Carly is that bad looking either. At least I wouldn't need a bag for her. As for the Hilderbeast, I don't blame Bill one bit for going after other women. She is enough to make a man think about turning gay.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

She does do us the kindness of wearing pant suits so we don't see her ankles.

Old NFO said...

Sadly, you're probably right... dammit...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Should I be wrong, you will see me doing a happy dance, knees be damned.

Ami said...

People who think this way... 'vote for ____ because s/he is a _____.' scare me.
Voting for someone because they allegedly possess a vagina is a stupid thing indeed. Voting based on skin color, which happened in recent memory is also a very stupid thing.

I haven't seen a candidate EVER that I could vote for. I usually end up voting against. Although shitheads still get elected, I can almost always say it wasn't my fault because I didn't vote for that asshole.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Good point!