Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pop Psychology



In trying to understand what motivates gun grabbers and their fellow travelers, came up with this bit of pop/freshman psychology.

Three motivators; fear, revenge, and punishment.

A lot of people flat fear firearms. They are not the least interested in learning anything about firearms; they “cling” to their fear.

When something like school or theater shootings occur, there is a strong desire among people for some sort of revenge.

Along with revenge is the desire to punish someone. So lets punish the firearms owners. After all, if it weren’t for firearms owners’ obsession with their toys, there wouldn’t be firearms. By extension, there wouldn’t be shootings.

I think may of us believe there are nefarious schemers who want us disarmed so they can more easily pursue their schemes. They are proficient in tapping into the fellow travelers psyches and use them as a weapon.

So, how does one discuss the subject with those who are not rational?

Why do I allow my basic biological urges to  influence my choice of female companionship? Probably because I’m a well seasoned fool.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Well said, and I think you've found the truth there my friend!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ NFO. Thank you.