Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Time - Who Rules You?
Lightning took out our electrical power yesterday. Took Xcel about two hours to get it back. Started checking and resetting clocks. Amazing, to me, how many clocks I have:
2. DVD Player
3. Alarm clock. Battery backup but it doesn’t keep accurate time on backup.
4. Two battery powered atomic clocks.
5. One atomic alarm clock with battery backup. It has a projector feature, putting a large enough readout on the ceiling I don’t need my glasses to see. The blasted thing is complicated, with small buttons, that I don’t care to cope with at 0400.
6. The computer.
7. Super duper all in one fax/scanner/copy/printer expensive ink eater. Puts time stamp on faxes.
8. Cell phone.
9. Thirty year old quartz movement battery powered wall clock.
10. Mission critical coffee maker.
11. DSLR camera.
12. Two digital viewfinder type cameras.
13. Two travel alarm clocks.
14. Microwave oven.
15. Two heirloom railroad type pocket watches.
14. Four wristwatches - rarely worn. Cell phone takes care of that need.
15. Wrist mounted pulse monitor that also has a digital clock.
16. MP3 player. Clock has never been set. I would need to read the instructions.
This list doesn’t include the vehicles. Makes me ponder just who is in control of my life.