Friday, March 15, 2013

Racist Rant



Two “minority” members at my last job (one Chicano, one Black), are Obama supporters. They have convinced themselves any Caucasian who opposes Obama does so because he is “black”. Therefore, any failures on Obama’s part aren’t his fault because White racists are opposing everything he does.

Hear the same line from White Liberals.  It must be comforting to have a scapegoat so you don’t need to look closely at your hero and his feet of clay.  You can dismiss any criticism by labeling the critic a “racist” and avoid considering the argument
.
“Oh, poor Berry. Look at the mess he inherited.” It seems now he has inherited his own four year mess.  Still, it is blame Bush, and blame White racists.

As an aside, anyone who thinks I ever supported Bush need only read some of my old postings.

Just who is the racist? A person of color, or a woman, in positions of authority can’t be criticized? Why, because they should be immune on grounds of political correctness; that they somehow need “special” dispensation? Why, are they less capable than a “white male” and need coddling?

Yes, I know, I’m pissing into the wind.  What bothers me the most is the polarization of the people who do involve themselves, who are not sheeple, and the lack of simple courtesy. I’ve never seen such deep animosity, and I was in both the Army and college in the 60’s. I saw up close and personal, the antiwar and civil rights uproars.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Just who is the racist? A person of color, or a woman, in positions of authority can’t be criticized? Why, because they should be immune on grounds of political correctness; that they somehow need “special” dispensation? Why, are they less capable than a “white male” and need coddling?

That says it all. "Minority" leaders hate minorities and Feminist leaders hate women - because said leaders need to maintain a monopoly on Victim Status. They won't share their power, even with their "own kind."

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@Suz. can't disagree with you.

Old NFO said...

Same here, this is truly BAD for the US!!!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ NFO. Hope we are seeing the Proggs high water mark.

Scotty said...

I agree on the "Bush" arguments. I've always been amused when I make an argument against the present administration and the counter argument is "well, Bush did it too", with them not getting the idea that I didn't care for a lot of what G.W. did either!

WSF said: I’ve never seen such deep animosity, and I was in both the Army and college in the 60’s. I saw up close and personal, the antiwar and civil rights uproars.

I think that has always been there WSF. I think it is more noticeable now as there are many more venues for it to vent. What would we have seen if there was such a thing as a blog back in our youth?

And in these new venues, I think we lose the personal part of an argument because of the anonymity of some handle one chooses to call themselves.

It's easy to hold a "black belt" in debate when one's opponent isn't within arms reach.

I'm sure you can agree how often a demeanor can change once on has to look an opponent in the eye.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ Scotty. Excellent points, and, better written than my blog!