Friday, January 22, 2021

Rhetorical Question


 

Excluding the military and many in law enforcement, how many Biden supporters and Trump haters are not receiving paychecks from public funds (to include educators at every level)?  If not them, then their spouses/significant others (see, I can be socially correct).

Readers of this blog know I have an adult autistic son. He has been dependent on social programs his whole life. His late mother and my ex wife, while married, fought long and hard for many of those social programs. Does that now make me a hypocrite? Do I really give a rat’s ass if it does?

Every social program I’ve ever seen starts with staffing from the top down, often well paying staff positions. Trickle down, if you will, to the day to day providers and the citizens for whom the programs were created, of the allocated funds.

Are all these various public teat suckers going to be supporting someone like Trump? Rhetorical question, no?

To add to my hypocrisy, I support those front line providers who put their lives, and often their physical safety, on the line. The maze of bureaucrats living off their efforts while claiming most of the credit, have my undying loathing and contempt.

As always, YMMV.

 

6 comments:

squeeky's mom said...

Daughter has been working with mentally handicap adults for a number of years. Her job, prior to covid, was identifying and assessing those who could be able to live independently. I commend her for her dedication as she does a needed job not many can perform for little pay. But she loves her job.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

My profound thanks to her for her dedication.

Old NFO said...

Don't disagree at all. You hit the nail on the head.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Ols NFO
It is only going to get worse.

LSP said...

"undying loathing and contempt"

Right with you.

In a better society we'd have genuine Christian charity at the local level. As it is, we've got a bizarre form of corporate communism. You're no hypocrite, just doing the best you can with what we've got.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
As you know I'm not a churchgoer. I am a reader and I agree with you about christian charity.

An example. In the early 1960's my maternal grandparents sold their Wyoming ranch and retired in Cottonwood, AZ. They suffered a small but damaging house fire. Various churches came by with some help but a LDS work crew showed up and made the necessary repairs. It mattered not that they weren't LDS.

I learn a lot reading Rev. Paul's blog, Way Up North, on my sidebar.