Monday, August 24, 2020

Alternative Medicine



COVID-19 aka Chinese flu, which has a survival rate above 98% (depending on the source), has been an excuse for government at all levels to take control over the lives of citizens, worldwide. Disagree?

OK, we have this “problem”. So, why all the resistance to possible treatments, like hydroxychloroquine? Yesterday our President dragged the FDA screaming to approve another treatment.


I’m not writing about all the theories surrounding this.  Other, far better informed and much better wordsmiths, continue to add to our knowledge.

What I will share is my personal use of alternative medicine. Cancer is my heritage on both sides of my family with the paternal side impacted more. Both grandparents, several aunts and uncles, and now cousins have died from cancer or are fighting it on that side. The maternal side has less, but cousins have died or are fighting the battle.

Nearly 20 years ago I purchased this book.


The author explores the use of food grade hydrogen peroxide daily. Since then I’ve taken 5 drops twice a day. I’ve been tested several times over the years and have remained cancer free.

He also explores the role of diet and I have endeavored to make sure my body chemistry is alkaline, rather than acidic.

35% H2O2 is somewhat hard to find. Seems at that level and above anarchists can use it to make bombs. I get mine from Garden of Eden


A nine month supply is under $50.

My allergies seldom bother me since I’ve used raw honey (bought directly from the beekeeper). Several theories on the health benefits of raw honey are available should you be interested in exploring them.

I don’t get flu shots and have had “flu” maybe twice in the last 20 years. Other than the week spent getting a pacemaker, I’ve missed two days of work in that time. The two days was in a motel in Bonner Springs, KS after grabbing a quick supper at the next door MacDonalds.

My point here is, explore alternative medicine. I listen closely to anything a health care professional has to say. Stupid, IMO, not to do so.  What is the saying, “Trust but verify?” 

Your health is your responsibility. Why not explore alternatives that may save your life or shield you from horrible health problems.

 As always, YMMV.

7 comments:

Greybeard said...

There's little question in my mind about money driving the medical-related market.
A friend has been touting the benefits of chelated silver for years.
There's little money to be made from the manufacture and sale, so he makes his own.

drjim said...

You used to be able to buy 30%~35% H2O2 at Sally Beauty Supply. I needed some to make this compound called "Retr0Bright" that I used to bleach out the brownish color that old computer cases and printers turn when exposed to sunlight.

Not sure if they still sell it any longer.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

GB
I have a couple of bottles around but haven't been using it lately. Thanks for the reminder.

drjim
Too lazy to check for alternate sources.

Old NFO said...

Trust but verify is oh so true, not just in THIS market, but in anything anymore... sigh

Well Seasoned Fool said...

OldNFO
All the misinformation, slanted information and outright lies from all levels of government make the jobs of public health care workers far more difficult.

LSP said...

Right on point and well said. I'm all in favor of raw honey and for sure, it seems we live in a world of Big Pharma, death dealing... well, fill in the blanks.

Another thing, of course, is exercise. Get out and walk or whatever, as opposed to sitting like a serf in front of the dam screen. I say that after a successful fishing expedition :)

Hope you've been able to get out on the water.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
I do two 1 mile walks a day, weather permitting. Fishing is something I can take or leave. Think that is my ingrained subsistence hunter mindset. In my early teens I kept the family in fresh fish all summer. Our property was bound on one side by 3/4 miles of the Yampa River. Except at low water, our side of the rivers wasn't fished. Thirty minutes or so would produce six decent eating sized fish, mainly trout, but the occasional grayling.