Sunday, October 27, 2019

Changes


Banner
I miss having a dog. The past years have required many motel stays and, being “unattached”, not having a home for a dog. Settled now, I’ve been looking. Introducing “Banner” (from Bruce Banner aka  The Incredible Hulk). He is a 7 year old lab mix living in a bad situation. A loving home but conflicts with another dog lead to them seeking an option. I responded to a Craigslist ad and now have a dog.


Shuttle Bus Driver

Saturday was my last day. Sunday a storm hit. Great timing? Took the job to replenish my savings. Mission accomplished. I will miss the trash talking water truck drivers and the decidedly incorrect remarks and opinions but not 60+miles of narrow roads with no shoulders, the Close Encounters of A Bambi Kind, and High Plains winter. This is only the 2nd storm this year. Great for people working outside. Maybe not so great for dry land farmers.

Opportunity
A few years ago I was doing insurance inspections. Not claims, just simple measurements, photos, and a condition report. The company recently contacted me and I may start those next month.

Blasted Trump

With this improved economy, people are paying their mortgages and my part time job bugging the laggards is drying up. Didn’t happen under Obama, just saying.

Fucking VA

Those lazy shits just don’t code third party billings properly, if they even bother. The nearby office “doesn’t handle billing”. No, I need to drive to Cheyenne for that. Can you say, “Road Trip”?

Constant

Breathing air and taking nourishment. Got that going, and, I am grateful. Nothing like living in a building where many residents are walking around with oxygen, walkers, and wheelchairs to make you appreciate what you have.


13 comments:

Old NFO said...

Yay on the doggie! And file for reimbursement for your mileage to get the billing straightened out!

Brig said...

Awesome, you got a dog! I can't imagine life without at least one.
From what I have heard from others... We were extremely lucky with Dad's care by the VA in Redding, and the Red Bluff Veterans advocate was one sharp gal. Helped me navigate all the paperwork, and made sure dad was taken care of.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
Thanks! Didn't think of the mileage.

Brig
Glad it worked out for you and your Dad. Every place isn't a horror story. My son did ok in South Carolina. On the other hand, my buddy, Dirty Al, was ill served in Phoenix.

LL said...

Congratulations to Banner on adopting a caring human he can have fun with!

The shuttle driving seemed to be a less than perfect fit for you. I'm glad that you were able to fill your bank account and punch out before the winter saw you hurdling from a cliff. The bambi and elk problem here is quite problematic.

I avoid the VA. I know that Brig sings its praises and that it worked for her Dad, but my luck hasn't been good. There's an old fighter pilot who lives near me and I drive him to the VA in Phoenix from time to time. I remain unimpressed, but it works for him.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
The death of my youngest in March required tapping into savings. When people wonder why I still work, it is simply cash flow. I don't want to outlive my money.

drjim said...

Congrats on adopting Banner! I'd forgotten how nice it was to a dog or two around until I met my wife who had two. One is great, but two provides some entertainment in watching them play with each other.

When we got Pebbles, it was as a 'two dog deal' from the shelter guy we found, but the other dog did NOT like being part of a two-dog family, and we had to give him back after he chewed up poor little Pebbles to the tune of $800 at the Vet's.

Gee, too bad about Trump's Economy being so good it hurt your revenue stream!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

drjim
Banner comes from a two dog household. The other dog is very aggressive and they don't believe adoptable. Banner has lots of dog fight scars but wasn't the aggressor. Their choice was euthanizing the other dog or separating them. As I type he is using demolishing a rawhide bone.

Ami said...

A dog is a wonderful thing to have. I know you and Banner will be great together. :)
It's been 8 years since we put Maggie down. I still miss her almost every day.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Ami
He seems to like me.

LSP said...

What a good looking dog! Nice one, and careful on those roads...

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
Not too bad if we can keep Texan's off them. Come here to ski, keep tow truck owners in groceries.

Always On Watch said...

Nice looking pup you have there!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

AonW
Thank you. He is a big hit here at the Senior Apartments.