Saturday, February 2, 2019

The Move


Done!  Thursday I picked up a small U Haul truck. Cost me $59 for the day (I always take their overpriced insurance – still about the price of a case of beer). Hired two men out of a temp labor shop. Both were “on paper” but were decent workers. Two loads for the five miles between the old digs and the new place. One more trip to take my middle son’s stuff to a storage shed I’ve rented for years.

He’s moved out a year and a half ago but still hasn’t picked up all of his stuff. (Yeah, I know I shouldn’t let him slide but I’m an indulgent parent).

The new place is quite nice. Brad new. All of us here are the very first residents.

https://hamiltonpropertiescorporation.com/locations/peakview-trails



Once again my dislike of the government, at any level, was reinforced. The place is operated by the county housing authority. One vastly overworked woman was on site to process the 96 units. 

A “compliance” officer located in Denver had to sign off on everything. Said functionary wanted “pay stubs”. Fuck! It has been years since I worked a job with pay stubs.  Getting the paperwork in the fashion wanted was a PITA. They had already decided as a productive citizen I made too much money. Dropped the medical courier job and had document that. It wasn’t until Wednesday afternoon, 1/30 I was approved. I had to be out of where I was living 1/31.

Courtesy of my sister I had a plan “B”. Those who know me well know how much I hate “pulling things out of my ass”. I plan, checklist, timetable, etc. Many readers will understand I operate in a CPA/CPM method.

 My sister calls this over thinking.

While I dropped the medical courier job, I continued to work off the books until they found a replacement. Spent today training him. Now I really am done.

The unpacking and organizing will consume the coming week.

About 2/3s of the residents are females, all over 62. Many have ankle biter dogs. Several are busy organizing this and that. I suspect my social life will take an uptick. 

Maybe more?

11 comments:

LL said...

It looks like a very nice place, WSF, complete with a gaggle of hens for the old rooster to choose from. Better than the old place.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

From a scenic point, the old place was full of twenty something young singles and mothers. Great viewing for dirty old men.

Ami said...

Looks way too modern for me. :)
Also, moving sucks. I'd rather go through labor.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I like old school but this was what was available.

Coffeypot said...

Looks nice and roomy,too. Big kitchen for the hens to cook meals for the old rooster. Enjoy your new place, and perhaps you will find some old-school eye candy there, too.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Hope springs eternal.

Anonymous said...

Very proud of my brudder for getting his new digs. He deserves such a nice place. It is payback for his extremely hard work over his life. I am sure that my being nice to him will inflate his ego even more. Trust me, it is short lived. Now he can start overthinking something else...which I am sure that he will.

Sisty

Old NFO said...

Good news my friend! Enjoy!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Sisty
And you helped!

Old NFO
Thanks

drjim said...

Looks like a pretty nice place! And brand-new, no less.

I agree 100% about moving.

I hate it.....

Well Seasoned Fool said...

The only good thing about moving is when it is over.

I'm fortunate to land here as it delays COLOEXIT until my finances are improved.