Thursday, February 7, 2019

A New Blogger on My Reading List


My grand niece has started blogging and I’m proud to list her.
This young lady (third from left – back row) is making her way toward a university degree playing soccer. Division III to be sure but she won’t graduate with a six figure student load debt.

Two years ago she and two classmates made it to my sister’s home for Thanksgiving dinner. Bright well mannered women, as we talked I realized we had nearly zero in common. My history was an unknown world to them as was theirs to me.

When it came time to scatter my mother’s cremains, she came with her mother and mother’s significant other. During that time we “connected” so to speak and I was even more impressed.

Her mother, my niece, is a Progressive. She is also that gutsy person in Public Health going out at night on the mean streets of Reno working to eradicate sexually transmitted diseases. Anyone who has that kind of grit can have any political view they want, IMO.

If you care to see into the world of an articulate millennium, go read LESSONSFROMMYEXES.blogspot.com. Let us hope she continues her blog.

Maybe leave a comment. We old people are allowed to do so.



12 comments:

LL said...

There are people who walk the walk who I disagree with. But that's ok. I agree with you. Some people earn the right to say whatever they want AND be paid attention to.

LL said...

PS - I went to LESSONSFROMMYEXES.blogspot.com, and didn't get a hit. Maybe a different URL??

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Try https://lessonsfrommyexes.blogspot.com/


Well Seasoned Fool said...

This Google+ closing is messing up my blog. Being a latter day luddite it will take me awhile to get it straight,

Coffeypot said...

I'll check it out.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

You may find it interesting.

Old NFO said...

She's pretty damn smart if that post about exes in any indication! :-)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Intelligent, gutsy, and easy on the eyes.

Brig said...

Interesting read. Thanks for sharing her.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

She has a second post up dealing with her father.

Anonymous said...

My Granddaughter has never been reticent in expressing herself. She thinks things through, formulates her approach and forward she goes. What a strong young woman who is going far in the world. So very proud of her!!!

Sisty

Well Seasoned Fool said...

+1