Sunday, February 19, 2012

Give Me an Olympic Break


Whoop de do, Mitt Ronmey being attacked for his handling of the Salt Lake Winter Olympics.

I'm no fan of his, hope he doesn't get the nomination, but give him credit where credit is due.

He walked into a mess and he fixed it. Large sums of money were spent. Probably slick operators lined their pockets.

Our country's prestige was on the line. Post 9/11, we, as a country, couldn't pull off the Olympics? How much more would that have emboldened our enemies?

Damn, I hate all this gutter politics.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

And I really don't see it getting any better any time soon... sigh

Anonymous said...

You & me both, Old NFO. Props to Romney on the Olympics. By all accounts, they turned out well. I'm still waiting for the Not so Grand Old Party to get a decent candidate that doesn't make me want to slam a spike in my temple. I think it will be a loooonnnnggg wait.

Sisty

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ NFO Me either

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ Sisty Something else we have in common. My party's presumed candidate turns my stomach and your party's contenders....well, welcome to misery land. Per our usual pattern, we will probably nullify each others votes.