Friday, August 5, 2011

MYOB????


Westbound on I 76 overtaking a car hauler with a huge cloud of white smoke coming from the right rear of his trailer. Pull along side the truck and try to attract the drivers attention. He is on a cell phone. He ignores me.
*CSP - hit Send.

"Colorado State Patrol, how may we help you"?

"Calling to report a truck going Westbound on I-76 at Mile Marker 36 with a lot of smoke coming from the right rear of the trailer. The truck is a blue car hauler with a sleeper cab."

"What is a car hauler."

"An automobile transport truck."

"Have you tried to attract the driver's attention"?

"Yes, he didn't pay any attention to me; he is on a cell phone."

INSERT Dispatcher gets my name and number.

"Well, what do you want us to do about it"? !!!!!!!!

"How about you dispatch your guys with the blue and red lights; bet they can get his attention. Hell, he will be in Hudson in two minutes. Call Hudson PD."

HANG UP and start cussing.

Maybe my friends and family are right. Maybe I need Anger Management Classes.

Nothing to see here? Just a brake and/or axle fire directly below a gasoline powered vehicle's fuel tank. Said vehicle is sitting on perforated steel ramps. What could go wrong?

Pesky citizen should just mind his own business.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

I'd be getting WELL away from said idjit... You tried, not much else you can do.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@NFO I carry a portable CB radio. Went to the "trucker" channel. Three truckers were trying to hail him.

After my call I did see a State Patrol car going Eastbound in the inside lane.

Old NFO said...

Maybe it actually DID do some good...