Tuesday, March 23, 2010

ObamaCare

This is the letter I sent my Congressman.

The Honorable Ed Perlmutter
415 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515

Dear Congressman Perlmutter,

I wanted to take a moment to explain why I won’t be contributing to your campaign for reelection nor will I be voting for you this fall. Simply, I am sickened by the way “Health Care Reform” was passed. As an attorney, how much of it do you think will stand up to legal challenge? You have a very direct responsibility because you are on the committee that handled the bill.

There are many things you do that I admire. Your commitment to constituent services. Your “Government at the Grocery”. You efforts on behalf of Veterans. My friends in the American Legion speak highly of you. At a personal level, one of my cousin’s daughter and your daughter were on the same soccer team. My cousin tells me you are a good family man. You make your position on issues clear in your communications.

Last election you received my contribution and vote. While I find you lukewarm in support of the 2nd Amendment, an issue important to me, your opponent didn’t seem to offer anything but negative rhetoric.

In this state, we have the outstanding example of bi-partisanship shown by Senator Gordon and Speaker Romanoff before they left the Legislature because of term limits. I see nothing of this in Washington, D.C. Perhaps I am wrong but you don’t seem to exhibit any leadership in this area. You seem to completely support Speaker Pelosi who seems to have learned her leadership skills from Tom DeLay.

As a Blue Dog Democrat, I will find it hard to vote for, much less work for, a Republican. I’m beginning to believe this country needs to send 535 fresh faces to Washington, D.C. this January. There seems to be a belief that any health care legislation is better than no legislation. As of today, thirteen State Attorney Generals are preparing law suits to block what was passed. More will likely follow. I think these people have excellent legal minds. That they are taking this action speaks volumes.

I hope you can spend the remainder of your term representing us, your constituents, and not always being in agreement with the House leadership.

Sincerely yours,

ETC

I have no illusions this letter will do a damn thing. I feel better for writing it and it is at least something I can do.

1 comment:

Pens Of The abyss said...

I liked the letter. You would be suprised how many people read there letters you send them.