Monday, March 29, 2010

Makes Me Proud

Middle son, who I seldom blog about, has made me a proud parent today. He starts a new job tomorrow. He went the night school route to earn a Bachelors degree in Computer Science and has finally landed an IT job. He has sent out hundreds of resumes and been interviewed many times.

This one has chosen a hard path based on his deeply held beliefs. His hair, clothing, tattoos, etc. make him stand out. I've remarked he looks like the lead character in a slasher movie. He has paid a heavy price for his convictions and I am so happy to see him finally win.

All my sons have strong beliefs. I've never worried about those beliefs; only that they have convictions and are not wussy suck ups.

So, way to go son!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too am very proud of his accomplishments. He has never wavered from his path, paid the price & kept on. There is SUCH a wonderful, talented person in that skin & it is nice to see that he is finally recognized for the special person he is. Read his posts linked from here. You may not understand, but you will be impressed by the depth, passion & excellent writing.

Proud Sisty Aunt

Old NFO said...

Congrats to him! It's ALWAYS hard when one chooses an alternate path...

Snigglefrits said...

And congratulations to this son as well. Sounds like you did a pretty darned good job as Dad!! :)