Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Starbucks



On Valentines Day I will buy coffee at Starbucks in support of their gun neutral policy and send a copy of the receipt to their headquarters.

Hat tip to Guffaw in Arizona
http://armedlaughing.blogspot.com/2012/02/starbucks-reminder.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GuffawInAz+%28Guffaw+in+AZ%29

I don’t like their coffee; don’t like the taste. Always a reminder of unpleasant times. Three things come to mind.

Pre cell phones, my business took me on two Washington State Ferry rides per week. With no telephones on board, I had thirty minutes to an hour of peace and relaxation to catch up on paperwork and savor a cup of coffee. Then Starbucks got the coffee concession. I didn’t like their coffee at all. There was no alternative. This wasn’t espresso, regular coffee, just their roast, and I didn’t like it. Still don’t.

Had dealings with one of Starbucks founders (not related to coffee) and found him to be an arrogant asshole.

When the espresso craze started in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest, the machines were made in Italy and cost $3,500. Looked into setting up a business selling coffee, lottery tickets, and tobacco. Planned to call the business “Minor Vices”. I couldn’t build a business case that made sense to me. This ranks up there with some of my other brilliant decisions like “Forest for Trees.”

http://wellseasonedfool.blogspot.com/2011/10/forest-for-trees.html

Will go buy a cup anyway if only to thumb my nose at the gun grabbers. Yes, I know I’m shallow and superficial. Deal with it!

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Same here, don't like their prices, coffee or attitudes, but I WILL support them on the 14th.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

@ NFO Guess I can stand one Americano with enough milk.