Saturday, June 3, 2023

Is There a Clickbait App?

 

Enhanced Minuteman Silo Security

The silo installation is fenced. The area outside the fence in many places is open range. The picture was taken from Colorado Highway 14 a few miles west of Sterling, CO. Those Red Angus bulls might not be friendly. Mess around and find out.

Climate Propaganda

The Little Ice Age ended around 1850. Now the climate in the Northern Hemisphere is warming. Hence, some glaciers are retreating. I don’t see any reference to what may be a natural process is this alarmist piece.

MORE

But, but the eco warriors can claim a victory!

MORE

Made me chuckle, a Liz Cheney slight

MORE


Yes, shows my lack of character. Sue me!

Oh, come on!


MORE

Of course, we will always find something like this in any “climate change” article.

“suggesting the need for future regulatory policies to address such non-fuel-derived pollutants”.

Yah, more regulation is always the answer.

Those who can do, do. Those who can’t do, teach. Those who can’t teach, administer.

Lt. General Maurice Rose

A Colorado hero remembered.

MORE

Side note. Rode the troopship AP-1 26 named after him to Europe in 1964 and my oldest son was born in the Rose Memorial Hospital.

Retail Theft

IMO, the result of “woke” politics and gutless prosecutors.

MORE

No consequences for thieves lead to higher prices and less convenience for the rest of us.

Not every Colorado city/town tolerates retail theft. It is the senior management of these stores that tolerate retail theft. Madness, IMO.

Studies Show What Those Funding Them Want?

MORE

Back in my management days I hired “people” I thought could get the job done. Quaint, I now know.

No Human is Illegal

A favorite (P)regressive saying. Assuming, the (P)regressives believe, these illegal immigrants are leaving horrible conditions to come to a better life, will these immigrants be better off? How many will be raped on the way? How many will be bringing the same criminals harming them at their homes with them? How many are selling themselves into perpetual debt and exploitation?

For as long as I can remember, the USA has spent billions in foreign aid. Seems like many charitable organizations in our country, where 10% of donations actually reach those in need while “administration and advertising gets 90%, is the same with foreign aid.

Do I lack compassion? No, I’ve always rooted for the underdog having been one myself. What I am is clearly seeing graft and scams on a huge scale. Your opinion may differ. Do I have a solution to offer? Not a realistic one but think the tree of Liberty needs watering with the blood of the scumbags profiting from this outrage.

Wet Spring

After several dry years, the area is receiving a lot of rain with thunderstorms nearly every day. The good? Everything is wonderful shades of green. The bad? A bumper crop of mosquitoes.

As always, YMMV

9 comments:

Ed Campbell said...

Enhanced Minuteman security, yes the bulls would add a certain something. Years and years ago I visited a Minuteman site near Whiteman AFB where the miscreants, some hippies, a couple of priests and an anarchist or two, had tried to break into a Minuteman silo, A vehicle breakdown increased the Security Forces response time by quite a bit. Despite having power tools they essentially just scuffed up the site. Clean it with a pressure washer and it was good to go.

Retail theft. If you incentivize something you will get more of it. No punishment and the opportunity to get free stuff plus the thrill of stealing something is a heck of an incentive. A couple of months picking up trash along the highway while wearing orange and shackles would dissuade many of these thieves.

Old NFO said...

Bulls don't like ANYBODY... definitely improve the security, although it might make coming and going a bit hard on the troops...LOL

And when the thieves are carrying calculators and stopping at $950 so they don't get charged, AND ARE OPEN ABOUT IT, you know it's time to close the doors!

I can send you the skeeters from down here, we have an overabundance... sigh

Well Seasoned Fool said...

EdC
The wing out of Warren AFB responds ASAP with helicopters from Cheyenne and ground troops from four locations near the silos. More than one hunter has found out the hard way.

Old NFO. The Air Force troops arrive in Humvees and pickups. Haven't seen it in person but I imagine they are careful.

Please keep your Texas sized skeeters. Ours are small.

Anonymous said...

Some interesting thoughts on glaciers. The pass that Hannible used to walk his elephants through to attack Rome has too much ice to be passable today, The end of the Roman warm period included the Rhine freezing over allowing the German tribes to cross and ultimately led to the fall of Rome. The medieval warm resulted in the settlement of Iceland and Green land. The little ice age following that resulting in the loss of the western settlement of Greenland and greatly diminishing of Iceland and Eastern Greenland because the increase of see ice made trade chancy and the cold wet weather in Europe and crop failures lead to the plagues and loss of a great many people.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Anon
I usually delete anonymous comments. Yours has some merit so I'm letting it stand. Please put a name to future comments.

Wild, wild west said...

Liz who?

Drove out to Casper about a year ago and was impressed with the number of bumper stickers and campaign signs......for her opponent. Very few for Liz. Apparently, the folks in Wyoming didn't have her finely developed sense of political humor. My opinion is that her daddy was one Cheney too many already.

I've kicked around in western Nebraska a good bit, Scottsbluff and south and have seen the Air Farce security folks here and there in that area. Well-armed security folks. M-16's and such. I doubt they had much of a sense of humor either.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

W.W.W
Air Force security have zero sense of humor. Several years ago I had a lady friend who was a rock hound. We were walking in a gully, nowhere near any silo, when a 1st LT and three enlisted came over to us. The LT wanted to see I.D. and wanted to know why we were in the area. He got very upset when I told him to fuck off. We continued our exploration and ignored him. I did enjoy seeing the smirks on the EM when his back was to them.

Least anyone think I disdain officers, that is not true. Competent officers have my respect.

Wild, wild west said...

I'd have paid ten dollars to have seen that show.

I'm of the opinion that no one is expected to remember the names of lieutenants after the armistice. Although I did know some good ones. One in particular, if he called me up tonight and said saddle up, we've been called back and we're gonna go invade whateverstan, I'd say yes sir and fall in. Not much chance of that, though....

Well Seasoned Fool said...

W.W.W.

I think I've outlived the ones I knew. One CO was a West Point grad and had all his shit in one duffel bag.