Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Rocky Mountain Low

 


This post is centered around Colorado and Colorado politics.

XCEl Energy

Our area is among those unfortunate to be under the thumb of this out of control woke “Green” utility. Other areas have choices.

MORE

To be very clear, the local boots on the ground are great. They respond quickly to all outages, they are courtesy sharers of the roads, and their equipment and facilities are clean and well kept.

Well, Duh!

replacing motor fuel taxes, which are generating less each year, in part due to fuel efficiency and the rise of electric cars.

MORE

But, not to worry. A mileage tracker on your vehicle won’t ever be used by government agencies to infringe on your rights and/or dictate your activity, would it?

Conspiracy

If you believe in conspiracies, you have a screw loose. It is “settled science”.

MORE

Five Years

During a recent conversation with a manager, she mentioned I’ve been an agent for her financial services company for five years this month.

They are keeping me busy and I turn down more assignments than I accept. I’m obligated to accept all within a thirty mile radius of my base. Beyond that it is at my discretion and compensation is negotiable.

The work is interesting. How much longer will I do it? My knees may have a vote; climbing stairs is a challenge.

Keensburg, CO + Ev’s

A family owned convenience store/gas station here is a favorite stop. Over the years I’ve watched them grow and build a new building. Friendly, they have a small dog park, often give me coffee on the house, and Banner treats.

Their charging station gets a fair amount of use. Those EV’s come in from Nebraska on I-75 and need a boost just to make it into Denver. An employee told me just half a charge can take four hours.

I can think of better use of my time than sitting waiting for a battery charge.

Speaking of Conspiracy

Larry Fink, according to some sources, manages Pedo Joe. This strange article pops up.

MORE

Maybe smarter minds than mine can make sense of this.

More Green News, Wind Farm section

MORE

Not that this will go anywhere. Three Republicans, representing rural areas where these time bombs are located, are making a statement, nothing more.

As always, YMMV.

11 comments:

Ed Campbell said...

I am blessed in that my electricity provider is a Co-op that buys power from Bonneville ower. About 8 years ago the members of the co-op voted in a small (1/3 acre if I recall) solar farm to dip our collective toe in the water. After looking at the costs associated with running the solar farm every time wind or solar comes up for a vote it is soundly defeated. Very glad I live in a rural farming area where most people have common sense.

Used cars, going to have to watch the video since I will probably be in the market for a car/truck this fall. You are a great font of wisdom in an otherwise confusing market.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

EdC
Thank you for the compliment. You live in an area with abundant hydro but high natural gas prices. I've live with cheap natural gas and high electricity costs.

Old NFO said...

Good set of links/comments. And yes, work until your body 'tells' you different... And it will!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
How do you retire? I've been working since I was five and doing chores for Widow Harvesty.

LL said...

Hang in there, WSF.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
Right over left, aye aye.

Wild, wild west said...


Those contraptions require a hella-big (and deep) artificial rock in the ground to withstand the wind loads and the dynamic forces of those long blades swinging their arcs.

So, when they tear down the wind "farms" who digs up the foundations?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

W.W.W.
As they end their useful life, they get sold to shell companies that go bankrupt. Same thing that happened with many of the mines in the Rockies. Nothing gets cleaned up or restored.

LSP said...

"Knees go out."

I applaud your tenacity and it's pretty much the same here. We don't retire until it's forced (70 years old) and even then we don't stop. Imagine you're a priest and there you are, loafing about some suburban bungalow with a gold chain around your neck and saying "I'm retired."

Huh. I know clergy who've done that and I don't see how it squares with a vocation. OK, famous last words, but still.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
As Jackie Cooper liked to say, "Winners do what losers won't". Not everyone can be a champion. Losing is a choice. I want to go out a winner when my time comes.

Old NFO said...

WSF, I haven't 'retired', I've just changed what I'm doing for a living... sigh... LOL