Wednesday, June 7, 2023

I Hear a Train A coming


 

Today near Egbert, WY.

Build Back Better – Bankruptcy Edition

The State’s economy is great, so say the (P)regressives.

MORE

I’m still getting work contacting delinquent mortgagees. Repo men and women are surprisingly busy.

No Free Lunch

MORE

I’m impressed by sober assessment of the overall impact of these policies being expressed by a green warrior. Not sure what to make of it. Critical thought?

Momma Mia

MORE

Bullshit Writ Large

MORE

The agenda is already decided. Just some political theater to fool the public that their input matters.

 A Paler Shade of Blue

Denver elections turns away from radical left. A trend?

MORE



 As always, YMMV

8 comments:

Old NFO said...

Interesting news from out your way... And bicyclists are all that and more ego driven! Out here, they 'try' to takeover entire lanes, at least until somebody with an F350 hauling a trailer comes up behind them and honks! LOL

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
People using bicycles merely for transportation I have no problem. It is the recreational riders that piss me off.

Wild, wild west said...

Thanks to WSF's mention of it, I got to watch the UP steam train go thru the small town of Hershey just west of North Platte yesterday, from the pedestrian walkway built over the tracks. Quieter than expected, until the engineer blew the whistle. Darn glad I went there because I struck up a conversation with a retired guy who used to work at the railyard there in Hershey and he told me about working on the engines back-in-the-day.
Neat stuff.

The "real" America is still out there lurking in the small towns. A remnant doth remain.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

W.W.W.
Glad you got to see it. While waiting at the remote crossing where the picture was taken Banner, the dog, made friends with a couple. Turns out the lady's son is a UP engineer. We had a good "railroad" talk.

My employer sends me out of assignments i that area of Nebraska. I've been over that bridge a few times.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Corection on the bridge - I was thinking of Sutherland.

Wild, wild west said...

Well it is in the neighborhood........

LSP said...

I like this post for its train, especially. And let's hope the tide's turning.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I fear we are beyond any peaceful change.