Sunday, April 24, 2022

Lazy Sunday


Lazy Sunday. The damn wind is still blowing and is forecasted to continue into the week. I might as well live in Wamsutter, WY. There are prairie fires burning in several states and most of the areas to the East of the Rockies are red flag zones. Falsebook has several posts seeking help for rural families that have lost everything.

The only information on this photo is Grant. Grant, NE and Grant, KS are not many miles apart. The Scottsbluff, NE airport terminal lost part of the roof.


I’m still pissed about my truck getting backed into. I don’t think I can find a more out of the way place to park.

Coffee. I despise weak coffee. Someone asked if the spoon would stand by itself. My reply was, no, but if left in to long it might dissolve. I do drink it with a spoon of local raw honey.

Given the winter storm damage in other states, guess we should shut up. All we are facing is severe and prolonged drought.

As always, YMMV.

15 comments:

Old NFO said...

Well, that sucks. Sorry the truck got hit! And yes, spring has 'sprung'... with all that entails including wind and 'weather'...

drjim said...

And of course, they didn't leave a note. Hopefully they did more damage to their own car!

Lazy day here, too. Enjoying some coffee you would approve of, and cleaning up the #2 workbench in the basement.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Old NFO
This is the driest and windy spring I can remember since coming back to CO in 1997.

DrJim
A ver stout bumper has a bit of a twist so whoever hit has some damage. Cruising the parking lot I don't see any of my neighbor's cars with damage.

LL said...

Put an orange traffic cone on either side of the truck, and one set behind it.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
Good idea is they could be locked in place. traffic cones disappear on our lot.

Flugelman said...

My personal test as to coffee's strength: Will it float a nickel?

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Flugelman
That might be a tad strong for me. Might.

Greybeard said...

Agreed.
Strong covfefe can be diluted.
Weak coffee is garbage, and a terrible waste.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

GB
Weak coffee is for weak people.

drjim said...

You Betcha!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

DrJim
Channeling your inner Norwegian?

LSP said...

Strong coffee's important. I know this.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
Victoria Station, 1965, at a lunch counter I asked for coffee. It came half coffee, half milk. When I ordered a second cup, I requested no milk. As the lady turned away I heard her say, in a sotto voice, "Barbarian".

Outlier said...

@LSP,

"As the lady turned away I heard her say, in a sotto voice, "Barbarian"." Ahahaha, thanks for sharing. Ahahaha, Barbarian.

-Outlier

P.S. I've got a pretty large vocabulary but I had to lookup sotto. It's a good day when I learn a new word.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Happy to be of service.