Sunday, November 28, 2021

Road Trip

Visited McCook, NE yesterday for business, with other stops along the way. A 509 miles round trip on Highway 34. No problems, decent weather and light traffic made for a pleasant outing.

My part time gig is delivering notices to folks behind on their mortgages. These are not legal papers but are a notice that the lender wants their attention. There is often an offer for refinancing.  The company, and the manager for my area have treated me well over the years and I don’t mind going out on these trips to help them. It doesn’t hurt I’m paid well for these out of area assignments. Then, there is a saving by the late Jackie Cooper, car sales trainer; I took to heart many years ago.

“Winners do what losers won’t”.

There were other assignments along the way. One was at a new subdivision way off from anywhere. For affordable housing, people working in Metro Denver are now driving 50+ miles. Common sights in rural Colorado are take home cars.


All along the route you see Trump signs. One was a lighted sign on a tall pole. This is definitely Red State country.

When traveling this route this is always a place I visit. First, the bladder, and second to reflect on the nature of man and the value of government promises.



A favorite sight on any back haul.

The COVID scam allowed many folks to stop paying on their mortgages. How many doing so were for legitimate reasons I can’t say. What I can say is many of the people I visit are $28,000+ delinquent.  My sympathy is muted when I see full dress motorcycles, ski boats, ATVs and $80,000 trucks on the property.

Banner spent the day at  my sister's house. He does well on road trips but he can be a distraction. Home, this morning, he seems to have recovered from the ordeal.


Why bother making the bed?

Yesterday was my late son’s 13th wedding anniversary. I called his widow. She and my granddaughter were enroute to Charlestown, S.C. to visit granddaughter’s boyfriend who is attending Navy A school (whatever that is). I offered to come to S.C. and shoot him but was told that isn’t needed. My daughter-in-law approves of the boyfriend so grandfather needs to just shut up.

Granddaughter and DIL live near Spartanburg, SC. Am I proud of granddaughter?





DIL tells me all the tailoring and pressing was done by my granddaughter. I do believe she can pass any inspection.

Sister Kink Update

https://pagetwo.completecolorado.com/2021/11/27/bingham-colorados-free-speech-trampling-needs-a-scotus-rebuke/

As always, YMMV

8 comments:

jeff d said...

Hey WSF,

is Banner's hair white or is it just a camera effect? I cannot remember the last picture you showed of him; my thought was he was an infidel black dog. Has it been that long? Wow.

Navy A school is specialization school after basic.

I think you made an incorrect link about Lori Saine above.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Jeff D
Banner is mostly black with a white chest and a touch of white on two paws. He is nine now and getting grey around the muzzle. The snap is of him lying in bright sunshine. He has some underlying brown tones that come out in cell phone photographs.

The link is to a court case involving Sinker Kink's business and it works. It is a very long article about the lawyer side of her refusal to accept certain same sex marriage business.

The "woke" mob in CO love to use the court system to attack conservatives, especially publicly vocal Christians.

Coffeypot said...

An “A” school is after bootcamp and is training for your chosen rate. Say you wanted to be a radarman. The school will teach you the operation, maintenance and repair of radar equipment by starting off with electronics training then operations. It is taught by first class and chief petty officers. Then on to the fleet.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

CP
Thank you. Like the Army AIT.

Greybeard said...

Again, you are RIGHTLY proud of that granddaughter...
Sharp lookin' troop.
We need more conservative-thinking troops to rectify the fiasco going on in our military today... reform from the roots up.
It's my hope she thrives there. Keep the updates coming.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

GB
She is a quiet fighter. Most likely a berkerser when angry. Norwegian, Finnish, and Irish. She has a level of determination that one seldom sees. All that, and still a sweet giving person.

LSP said...

Congrats to her!

Bless you, fella, and her.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Thak you.