Tuesday, September 15, 2020

You Get Cute


No excitement around here so you get cute. My 70 lb Lab and “Pinto” play well together.

Voter enthusiasm for SloJoe, or lack thereof, has been a topic of discussion currently. Getting out the vote is always a concern for candidates and party hacks. Other than the opportunity for fraud, this may be the motivation of the Donkey’s push for voting by mail. It takes a bit of effort to get out and vote. If a ballot is lying around their home, the otherwise apathetic voter just might fill it out and mail it, or not.

The mail in ballot Colorado uses takes more than one First Class Stamp. Other States?


As in any election, the integrity depends on those responsible for conducting the election. In Colorado, that is each County Clerk and Recorder. The office is required to pay for Election Judges, from all political parties. My mother served for decades. I’m not sure her motivation wasn’t financial but she was diligent in her duties.

Readers concerned about the integrity of their local election process might look into becoming an Election Judge. It is a long, grueling day, maybe more. Think of it as a military mission, if you will.

10 comments:

squeeky's mom said...

In the US there are 36 states that require voter ID. So when you send in your ballot with some type of proof that this vote is actually by someone alive and registered. When they open the ballot whoever is in charge now knows who's voting which way. My vote is suppose to be private. What private about mail-in ballots. It sounds like, and need to do some research, that 14 states with no voter ID could cause a election to tilt. Badly.

Ami said...

One signs the outer envelope so the signature can be compared when the ballot is received. The inner envelope has no identifying markings and is dumped into a big bin for counting. Two separate areas, different people staffing each.
We've been voting by mail in Oregon for a long time.
It doesn't concern me.

What does concern me is that we once again have two shitty candidates.

LL said...

I agreed to serve as a poll worker on November 3.

Apparently people have to keep their shotguns and AR's outside of the polling place. Go figure.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

S'm
Afraid you are correct. Solution at this late date?

Ami
Same system here in Colorado. With over fifty counties who knows what can happen? Denver and the five surrounding counties overwhelm the rest of the state on statewide races.

LL
An armed voter is a polite voter?

Brig said...

We have mail in ballots here, no postage required.
After signing the outside, I Put my ballot in the box reserved for ballots only, so it doesn't go through the normal mail. Thing is, there is an R by my name so those opening the ballot know what party I'm aligned with. To verify that my vote got there and was counted I can go to the county's registrar web sight and check.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Ours don't have a party affiliation on them, but we do pay postage. In my county, a site lets you track the status of your ballot.

Old NFO said...

I'll be voting in person. Wanted to volunteer, but they already have enough folks in my part of Texas.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I usually hand deliver my ballot to a drop off box.

drjim said...

We take ours to the drop-box at the courthouse.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

I'm 5 minutes from City Hall and a convenient drive up drop box.