Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Trade War Victim?


Trying to restock the fishing tackle box and checked three places for simple lead sinkers, finding none. Is this part of the trade war with China?

I know lead is supposed to be banned on federal lands in 2022.

All of the fishing accessory displays were nearly bare. Very few lures and other small items were on display.

No biggie for me as I am a sporadic fisherman at best.

The experience did remind me there are consequences, good, bad, or just mediocre to all events.

YMMV

7 comments:

drjim said...

I needed some lead for ballast back when we lived in Long Beach, so I started looking for wheel balancing weights.

Couldn't find 'em. Kommiefornia had banned the use of lead for such things. I was glad I kept some lead rod from a former employer that I wound up using.

The stuff they use for wheel weights now is some kind of Antimony/Bismuth alloy that costs more, but hey, it's "Lead Free"!

Sisty said...

Your favorite Sisty may have some. Let me check and I will get back with you.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Thank you. Found some.

Old NFO said...

Lots of fishing stuff is not available... Bought on the 'excuse' to get out of the house... ;-)

Well Seasoned Fool said...

That's your story.

LSP said...

Hmmmm. Our local Walmart's OK for sinkers etc, but hey don't sell 5.56 or air pistols. Huh.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

Don't know about that here. I buy my ammo directly from a Wyoming factory. Have no need for an air pistol.