Wednesday, April 8, 2020

COVID-19 Information



If you suspect something is a bomb, it is better to try and defuse it, rather than waiting for it to go off, and assessing the collateral damage.

One of my cousins put this up on Facebook.


Is the article accurate? I don’t know, and I don’t have the medical knowledge to say yea or nay. What I do know if someone I cared about was sick, I would be printing it out and demanding the medical staff treating him/her read it.

One is reminded of Admiral Sergev Gorshkov’s admonishment, “Better is the enemy of good enough”. We need effective treatments now, not five years down the road after rigorous testing using approved scientific methods.

I put this up because it might, just might, help some of the readers of this blog.

I devoutly hope no one reading this is facing that monster!

8 comments:

LL said...

If President Trump hadn't mentioned Hydroxychloroquine + Azithromicin/Z-Pack as a promising treatment, the media would have loved it.

Big Pharma doesn't like Hydroxychloroquine because it's been out of patent for fifty years, and anyone can make it and sell it without concern about royalties - which means that no one company can get rich on it. Quinine (made from tree bark) is not an exotic ingredient.

If I had a fatal disease with X days to live, I might go on a spree at CNN.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LL
Still after my bed next to the stove?

Greybeard said...

Now the argument and spin will begin-
"We shouldn't have shut the country down. We were panicked."
"The reason the numbers are low is BECAUSE we shut the country down."
And this argument will continue until climate change kills us all.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

GB
A true no win situation.

Old NFO said...

Yep, true no win... And I'd be taking that combo in a heartbeat!

Well Seasoned Fool said...

OldNFO
Likewise!

LSP said...

The Quinine thing's ridiculous and shows up the left for what they are -- shameless traders in lives for their own advantage. And what hypocrites, they're all in the name of "the people."

The last thing those murderers want is a quick and easy cure for this, to say nothing, per LL, of Big Pharma.

When this is over, I predict June, these goons need to excised, root and branch.

Well Seasoned Fool said...

LSP
Pelosi and the Dims priorities boggle the mind. They don't care how many die, and how many go broke and homeless, so long as they can advance their Green Agenda.